It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
(female)

clarissairene HB User
After huge panic attack... do you feel chest pain for a while?

After having a huge panic attack (went to ER last monday) do you ever have chest pain?

I know that I could be having axniety since then since it was my first major panic attack that sent me to the ER since May. But no doctor gets me... can any of you? this is how i feel:

I feel like i over exhurted myself during my panic attack and that my muscles or walls around my heart are inflamed. They even feel itchy on the insides and ache. When I take a deep breath it aches, right over my heart. Then this mornign when I move a certain way or squeeze my shouldres together I get that tight pain. Do you think its possible that I could have sprainged a muscle or something!!?

The doc i saw yesterday didnt understand me. He said my heart is fine. And that is not what I think my pain is from! AAHHH... then he says... well what do you want me to do... want vicodin, darvocet? let me know and I will prescribe it for the pain!! What an idot! I have tried tylenol and it doesnt take away the pain. I think I need an anti- inflamatory.

Just wondering if any one has experienced this!

Thanks,

Clarissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: After huge panic attack... do you feel chest pain for a while?

try a few ibuprofrens maybe? they are anti imflammatory i believe.........how did the doctor conclude it wasnt your heart? did he do any testing? might be a pinched nerve or just from muscle tention .....i am going through something somewhat like that except i have sharp,stinging pains in my left arm ,shoulder,and sometimes hand,and chest very mild pains went to the er as well last week had a echo,chest xray,blood testing done all came back fine so docotor wants me to have a stress test but he doesnt think its my heart because my only real risk factor is smoking....anyway im not having the stress test i dont have insurance .....he told me it could be muscular...i have rambled about myself sorry.......id try ibuprofhern (sp) and see if it helps
also if you have a regular doctor try talking to him/her about it

good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
(female)

mackenzie61 HB User

I'm no doctor, but the pain you have sounds like something I had awhile back called costochondroitis -- inflammation of the chest wall. The chest pain over my heart sent me in to the convenience care for an EKG and really scared me. Turns out I'd hurt it while doing lots of shoveling over the weekend (doc said viruses could cause it too). I used a heavy duty ICE ointment with lots of menthol in it for muscle strain. It really helped. Also took hot baths. The pain went away after about a week.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-15-2005, 02:34 PM   #4
(female)

clarissairene HB User

Yes!!!

That is what my doc said I had yesterday... costochondroitis !!
They did a blood test that showed my imflamation level high and they asked where it hurt so i told them my chest right around my heart and thats what they said i had! I knew it couldnt be just plain anxiety 24/7- it was too painful.

It has for the most part gone away and its been about 1 1/2 weeks. I just feel itchy on the inside. Its wierd.

They said it could of been from lifting something or a virus... I still think its from overexhurting my chest in the ER room during the panic attack.

Thanks for all your replies. I did take tyelnol because motrin upsets my stomach. Didnt help much but its going away!

Old 12-17-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

well cool im glad you found out what it was and your doing better.hope that "itchy" feeling goes away real soon

Old 06-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
(female)

champs HB User

I am also having the feelings described. I want to scratch around my heart all the time, as it is so itch..cannot of course but I would love to know what is causing this feeling..it is in my left shoulder as well. This feeling of air been around my heart..and me wanting to scratch, and then my left arm goes all heavy on me. I had a ecg a while back, because I was having sharp shooting pains in my chest while breathing.. I was told all was ok, and to take voltaren. it did help for a bit. But now this itchy feeling has started..any ideas?

Closed Thread