It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

amberil HB User
Lexapro making me feel worse after 2 days?? HELP!

Hi..I have posted before about my ongoing anxiety and panic problems. I was having to take my xanax more than usual and was having really bad attacks, so gave in to my doc to take lexapro. I started taking 1/2 of 10mg pill on Tues nite. Nothing too bad except bad stomach ache and I had trouble getting to sleep, then woke up in the middle of the nite wide awake for 2 hours. I took it for the second time last nite and after about 2 hours I had this slight pain in my upper chest, then a really bad burning feeling in my chest, which went to my head and I felt like I was going to pass out. My head and chest felt like they were on fire, not to the touch, just an inside feeling, if that makes any sense? I woke up my husband for sure I was having a heart attack (I always worry about my health) because I'd never had those kind of panic symptoms before, although I've been getting new symptoms the last few weeks. I took a xanax and he calmed me down, then I crashed out and slept till morning. When I woke up this morning I felt soo groggy and ickey. I felt a panic attack coming on around 11:00, so I took 1/2 of a xanax and felt better, but I'm still groggy feeling, with no motivation.

I called my doc and he said to give the pills at least a week and see how it goes. I am so down, I can't even function anymore, but wasn't doing well before either with all the dreaded panic attacks and anxious feeling all the time.

Sorry to ramble on, was just wondering if anyone has had these kind of problems and if they will go away soon?? I feel I can't even take care of my family properly the way I feel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
(female)

jjules HB User
Re: Lexapro making me feel worse after 2 days?? HELP!

Hi, I am on Lexapro 10mg & Lorazapam 0.5mg for my anxiety & panic disorder this seems to be working great for me. There can be a few side effects with the Lex for a short time but should fade. Yes it can make a groggy at first my worst side effect was diharrea and that was no fun. All I can say is give it a few more weeks and hopefully you will feel better. As for those panic attacks relaxation (I meditate alot) helps me thru a rough one. Good luck! Jules

Old 07-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

amberil HB User

Hi jules. Do you take the loraz on a regualr basis? I think I'm going to start trying to take a xanax right after I take the lexapro and see if that helps. I just hate taking them cuz I don't want to get addicted. My problem is that I am self employed and I need to be able to work my few days a week and keep up with a hubby and 2 busy kids and the house. I can't even hardly go anywhere or do anything. I'm just so thankful for these boards....it does feel better to vent and read everyone elses experiences. It sure helps alot. Take care!
Amber

Old 07-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #4
(female)

jjules HB User

Hi Amberil, I take my Lex @ night maybe 1-2 before bed. I sometimes take my Lorazapam @ night if I feel restless and can't sleep but usually I have morning anxiety and take one when I get up but it sounds like you might want to take the xanax @ bedtime also. I know what you mean when you have to work and take care of kids and spouses-I have 2 kids (got rid of the spouse he caused me much anxiety!) I have a relaxation pose which is so helpful hope you will try it. Find a chair or couch will do and lay on the floor and prop you legs on the chair to the knees and stretch your arms out to your sides and just close your eyes and relax 10 to 15 min. (helps if there is total silence ha) also you can put a pillow under your head and your favorite blanket and cover up if you desire. It really relaxes me.....Jules

Old 07-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
(female)

amberil HB User

Hi again jules....thanks for the relaxation pose, I'm gonna have to try that...I'm willing to try anything at this point! Take care!

Closed Thread