It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2006, 08:26 AM   #1

Parker10 HB User
You know you have panic disorder when... part 2

The other one is locked so I started a new one. I'll start...you know you have panic disorder when you turn down a job that is double in pay because you don't think you can handle the 1 week of training!

Last edited by Parker10; 07-15-2006 at 08:27 AM.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: You know you have panic disorder when... part 2

When you think the car behind you is someone following you ..panic..and take a turn onto an unknown road ...you have lost that car and realize "ugh its me being paranoid again"..then realize your lost and panic some more.

I havent done this but once of course then I thought I was schitzophernic

Once when I purchased my usual canister of coffee went to open it the next morning the seal had already been broken a bit (probably someone smelling it lol) so I thought "oh nooo what if someone poisioned this coffee?"

Veins on back of one hand look more prominient then the veins on the back of other hand......"oh no something must be very wrong here."

I am glad this thread has a sequel now I loved part 1 lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
(male)

whathaveigot? HB User

When someone talks about death and you start thinking that you will be next.

When you walk into a shop and the queue is too big and you walk straight back out.

When you realise you arent worrying and go into a full blown panic attack.

You get a sore head and you think that anuerysm youve got is about to rupture.

And so on...

The Following User Says Thank You to whathaveigot? For This Useful Post:
AnxiousNellie (09-28-2012)
Old 07-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

When you're talking with a group of people, someone says, "you're really neurotic" and you take that as a complement. Hey neurotic is better than crazy.

When you a receive a phone call at work that doesn't go well and and you have to go home for a hour to cry and get it out of your system.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

MiLuckiiStarz HB User

"hen you realise you arent worrying and go into a full blown panic attack."

Lol how true is that!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

Youknow you have panic when youbecome into a hermit
You know youhave panic when you thiink you're dying every day
Youknow you have panic when you are straight up loser
Youknow youhave panic when you see no future
You know you have panic when youcheck your pulse every second
Youknow youhave panic when youfeel like you cant show your face
Youknow you have panic when you HIDE.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-20-2006 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Removed chat room, text message lingo and replaced it with the proper words. Ms_Mod

Old 07-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #7

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User

I've posted this same message countless times, but it would seem that nobody reads it.

People of ALL ages use these boards, from teens to people in their retirment years.
I've had several e-mails from members telling me they had to stop reading posts because they could not understand them.

The is NOT a chat room and you're NOT sending a text message.
Be courtious to ALL members and take the extra one or two seconds and type out the proper word.
The chat room, text message "WORDS" that some posters use can be difficult if not impossible for some members to understand.

Ms_Mod

Old 07-23-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
(female)

Shayone478 HB User

You know you have panic disorder when...

-You have to mentally prep yourself for three days before going to pick up milk at the grocery store

This one is me all the way. I'm on day 2 right now.
(I can make it one more day before I die of calcium deficiency..lol)

-You'd rather be pasty white than beautifully bronzed because you just can't brave venturing out on that sandy beach with 'all those people'.

I too have walked out of the grocery store, leaving a full cart of groceries right in the middle of the isle. I just couldn't stand it any longer.

It does feel good to know that other ppl are dealing with the same type of things. Thanks for putting a smile on my face

Old 07-24-2006, 12:10 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

When your biggest worry today is tomorrow

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 07-24-2006, 08:23 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

oh shay those were me all the way too lol

I remember standing in the grocery checkout lines so on edge I thought id pass out or explode thinking in my head "please hurry people please I wont make it".I too have left carts fulla stuff sitting then id get home and feel so embaressed and like a failure.

Even doctors appointments I dreaded it would take me weeks to make an appointment.Sitting in the waiting room was torture to me id have numerous attacks.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
(female)

Shayone478 HB User

I know. The grocery store isn't so bad anymore...once I finally get there...after prepping myself for it....ugghh

The doctors offices are bad for me too. I HATE to have to sit in the waiting room or wait in a line at any store. I always look for the line with the least amount of ppl. If I'm stuck in a long one I usually start to get really agitated or angry as the seconds just tick by. But I'm making improvements.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #12
(female)

Amy D.J. HB User

When you make up every excuse in the book not to have to go somewhere because you do not want people to know you have an anxiety disorder even if it is just to a family members house or grocery store, lucky for me I am getting better at this then before , but trust me I did this all the time. Amy J.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #13
(male)

_Star_ HB User

......You demand another CT scan because your brain tumor may have developed just after the first CT scan was completed and therefore wasn't detected.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #14
(female)

piperanne HB User

This makes me want to cry but I can't help laughing. I thought I was the only one in the whole world that felt all of this..........and I do mean ALL! LOL!

My turn:

You know you're having a panic attack when you're researching mental disorders because you think you may be either insane or schitzophrenic!

Atleast I do this! And I don't even hear voices..........except mine saying "You'll be o.k."

Old 07-28-2006, 04:24 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

You know you have a panic disorder when~ your suffering horribly with a headache and refuse to take any advil cause it will kill you.

You know you have a panic disorder when~ Your driving around town and you just can't go any further so you have to call someone to come get you.

You know you have a panic disorder when~ you spend atleast 4 times a year in the ER cause This is it you are really dying.

Closed Thread