It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
(female)

Catt18 HB User
common with panic disorder?

Hey everyone,
I've been suffering from panic disorder, ocd, depression, and well anxiety for a few years now...I've recently stopped taking my zoloft, and have been zoloft free for about 2months now! I still take lorazapam when needed (which lately has been quite often!)
I had a few questions....
I've been noticing that I have this feeling of "doom" constantly. Like I fear that something bad is going to happen...CONSTANTLY! I fear that i'm going to "snap" "lose control" or like everything will just be going fine and I'll just get this sick feeling....For instance the other day I was getting ready to go out shopping with my friends, and I was looking in the mirror doing my hair or something... and well i just got this AWFUL feeling like i was going to lose it. Then i felt extremely depressed...Then freaked out because i was wondering why this was happening. Does anyone else get this.
Or today for instance I was sitting with my little cousins (2 years old) and talking/playing...We were having a great time until that feeling of doom just came over me. ugh. then my mind was racing i couldn't concentrate i worried about losing control then felt extremely depressed and hopeless.
It seems like when everything is going great for me, I feel increasingly uneasy. Is this the panic disorder? Or something else? Maybe the OCD? ugh. I've been trying to identify what exactly is causing these feelings...but well it's hard.
Tomorrow I'll be leaving for a vacation in a tropical warm place...and for some reason I just feel sick uneasy ect about it. I mean I want to be excited but instead I get this sick feeling. Like i can't have fun or something. ugh
ALSO I've noticed I'm extremely irritable! The littlest things can set me off...ANNOY me... to the point where i will completely shut out and get stuck obsessing in my head. I get in these AWFUL moods. i have no idea why....then i can't talk or won't really talk (i'll just be really short with whoever is around me) The littlest things annoy me lately... Haha including the way my boyfriend talks....(weird slang he'll use sometimes, and well i shouldn't get sooo irritated..i mean i understand why it irritates me but i take it to another extreme in my head) and then i worry about losing control ect... UGH! exhausting! anyone else relate?? ugh i hate feeling like this!
(oh yes and i've started this new birth control that is supposed to somewhat help with this! YAZ??) anyone heard of this?
catt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
(female)

Mvhrt HB User
Re: common with panic disorder?

Hi,
>>>> I've been noticing that I have this feeling of "doom" constantly. Like I fear that something bad is going to happen...CONSTANTLY!<<<

What you say here sounds like generalized anxiety disorder with a twist of OCD.

Anxiety and depression go hand in hand... usually you go way up (anxiety) and than come way down (depression)

Generalized anxiety disorder is characterized by constant worrying which can be about any aspect of your life. OCD of course is obssessive compulsive disorder, which as you already sound like you know can also be obssessive thoughts. It sounds like you have the both of them going on as well as depression. You should get in to a DR and talk with someone about it. No one should have to live that way!
Why did you stop taking the Zoloft? Was it not doing it's job? Usually to get the right medication, unfortunatly, you have to go through a series of trials first. There are other SSRI's if the Zoloft was failing you. I am not a dr in any way {REMOVED} but it sounds to me like SSRI's should be the type of medication you should be on since they help with depression and anxiety... if you don't have any condtions that would not allow you to take them.
Also, if this is something that is newer to you and you don't typically suffer from anxiety and it's hurting your normal routine (or if it gets to that point) there are medications that can be used for short term that are very affective but ONLY for short term such as Xanax.
The thing with generalized anxiety disorder is if it's not taken care of it can worsen and lead to panic. To me, it doesn't sound like you are having panic attacks quite yet although impending doom is a symptom. I had GAD for years and didn't pay to much attention to it mostly because i didn't know what it was and thought maybe i was just a hormonal teenager... but i ignored it. in my early 20's i developed panic attacks which led to agoraphobia and made it difficult to leave my house for awhile. But even than, there's still hope.
I'm just curious, how are the birth control pills going to help your panic? Did the DR explain that to you?

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-25-2006 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Please read the posting rules and all of the "Sticky" posts at the top of this board. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread