It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
(male)

jor-rose100 HB User
24/7 panic

Since last Jan i've had dizzyness trouble breathing, chest pains shivering and fear of sudden death due to heart attack(i'm 21 by the way). I went through all the physical tests to see if i had some illness or heart disease, but everything came back normal. My docter said i should see a pyschiatrist. he said you have panic disorder...................my question is, is it possible to feel at least one of the symptoms 24/7 and has anyone else been going through this?

Old 09-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: 24/7 panic

When i first was diagnosed with panic/anxiety I felt it all of the time. I had all kinds of tests and everything came back normal. I finally listened to my doctor and received some therapy. At first i was almost positive that something was wrong - hospital visits, cat scans,blood work - nothing wrong. I didn't want to face the fact - I am better now through therapy. You should talk to someone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Yes it is possible I was like the last poster.I had symptoms 24/7 for months while going from doctor to doctor and having test after test.I spent an entire year not feeling right 24/7 and thinking I was dying of some illness.I was diagnosed with Generalized anxiety disorder,panic,borderline agoraphobic.Maybe you should try and trust your doctor and go to a therapist and if therapy and possibly meds helps well then you know the culprit is Panic for sure.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:28 AM   #4
(male)

jor-rose100 HB User

well i'm on meds, but there not working so well, and i'm never convinced that its panic.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Have you had a second opinion on your symptoms? Maybe that would help you? I was the same convinced it could'nt all be anxiety/panic/stress.I still sometimes think it is possible I may have some other health thing going on BUT I have had so many tests that even if I do have anything else going on it probably cannot be that serious to worry about.Anyway, I had my share of second,third and forth opinions by doctors from two different states here in the USA.Maybe you need a different medication or the dosage is too low? I know this is hard to do but if you could try and keep trying to convince yourself it is panic you may eventualy feel much better most of the time at least.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
(female)

kimouse HB User
Unhappy Re: 24/7 panic

i feel panic 24/7 and just cant get rid of it. its driving me mad. ive had to take time off work cos i just cant face it.are any of you able to go to work through suffering this? im on medication which is helping a little but its not great. just dont know how to cope anymore.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

What medication and how long have you been taking? It takes (for me) 8 weeks for something to kick in.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:35 AM   #8
(female)

kimouse HB User

im on 2mg of diazepam 4 times a day , propranolol and something else.ive only been taking them for a week. are you finding it hard to leave the house or are you able to go to work?

Old 10-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #9
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

I was the same way when I was first told I had anxiety. It seems like the feelings never go away. It's going to take a couple weeks for your body to react with the meds. Have you tried going and talking to someone?? They could help you see why this anxiety is going on in your life. I was also 21 when I was told I had this. Good luck!
Jackie

Old 10-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimouse
im on 2mg of diazepam 4 times a day , propranolol and something else.ive only been taking them for a week. are you finding it hard to leave the house or are you able to go to work?

When I had my first attack 9 months ago it was real hard to do anything. I pushed and pushed myself to go out. My boyfriend actually brought me to the mall and said here ya go I will pick you up in 1/2 hour. How mordifying is that. He was right though - the quicker you do the things your most frightened of I think the better off we are. It's awful isn't it. I know this sounds silly but I have to plan my days now in advance. I need to know where I am going and to make sure I have my meds just in case.

I went on Celexa and few weeks ago and I think I am much better. I also take klonopin when needed. Which is maybe once every 4 to 5 days. The only real problem I have now is that I have this foggy feeling all of the time. I am hoping that will go away in time.

Ok - really the only time I need a klonopin is when I go to my physcologist.

This all takes time and alot of work - but your up for that It's pretty exhausting.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:57 AM   #11
(female)

kimouse HB User
Thumbs down Re: 24/7 panic

i have totally lost my appetite. the smell of food makes me feel sick. i force myself to eat a banana and too pieces of bread every day which i have to wash down with water as i find it hard to swallow. im sure this must be the meds i am on.is anyone else finding it hard to eat? please let me know i cant cope anymore. i constantly feel hungry but eating is just such a physical challenge. i swear these meds im on are making me more depressed and i have no energy to do anything.i dont care what my home looks like or even my appearence. my partner is finding this so difficult as there is nothing he can do. when i have an attack i dont want a cuddle as i m freaking out.so i seem to be pushing him away. any advice?

Old 10-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #12
(female)

langy HB User

hi kimouse try to eat more if you can as anxiety can increase due to hunger. ive had gad and panic for about 15 years now and i did go to work full time and didnt tell anyone but 4 years ago had to take 10 months off as a skin condition made it worse again then i had to tell them. i had cognitive therapy and for 2 years i was 95% back to normal it maybe worth you giving it a try. good luck. langy x

Old 10-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

hi lany what kind of skin condition did you have, im asking this because i have hives and weird rashes off and on for the past year and a half due to what the doctors call anxiety. i still dont believe it

Old 10-13-2006, 04:23 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

When I get my bouts of anxiety they seem to last me 24/7 but its more of all the symtoms. It takes me at least a month or 2 to calm down and relax. The symthoms make you feel like something is wrong and you are going to die so I freak out more. I have been good for almost a year. My last episode was last January. So pray for me that I stay better.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:52 AM   #15
(female)

langy HB User

hi gx park1234 my skin condition was urticaria a form of hives it was constant *****ly skin and itching and sometimes the pain was intense. i found that heat from central heating or in shops made it worse. doctors said it was stress and anxiety it did go eventually and i get it now and then when im stressed.dub girl i hope that you stay well langy x

Closed Thread