It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 03:10 PM   #1

msgrimm HB User
Panic or Not?

Ok, here is my story in brief.

First day of high school, i puked before school and during lunch. Could not eat lunch with others as I felt sick, no appetite etc.

I never got 100% better and doctors though I just had a stomach virus.

Well evertime the first day of school came around, i got worse again.

Now I am 26 and tryingt to put this sickness out of its misery.

Remeron has helped with getting appetite back, but it is merely a band aid.

I am trying to seek treatment of thyroid, adrenal, or horomones with hopes that this is the root.

I'm losing hope. Any suggestions?

Old 09-29-2006, 09:16 AM   #2

msgrimm HB User
Re: Panic or Not?

anyone care to share?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #3
(female)

anxiousagain HB Useranxiousagain HB User

The Remeron never really did help with my appetite. I've been struggling with that problem for nearly 4 months now. I've managed not to lose any weight, but some days I wonder if I'll ever be hungry again. Thinking that I might eventually starve to death just makes the anxiety (not to mention the sick to the stomach feeling) even worse. I came off the Remeron because it was way too sedating, but I'm wondering if maybe I should have stayed on it. Some days were at least a little brighter on it. What dosage are you on?

I think anxiety can be overcome without the aid of meds, but it's a slow process. I guess it really depends on how severe your symptoms are.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #4

msgrimm HB User

45mg ... i have tried coming off.. but my appetite is just completely gone...

I may ask to up the dosage to 60mg.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
(female)

Diet Dew HB User

msgrimm,
I am so sorry to hear that. I know what you mean when it won't go away. In my case I started to have anxious throwing up episodes when my 2nd child almost died at 6wks old. This has been 15yrs and being told by doctors that its anxiety and worry. I wouldn't accept that answer alone. I kept researching and thought maybe Thyroid. Tested above normal so I finally found a doc that would let me do a 3month trial period of a thyroid med. I didn't notice much of a difference. i kept questioning things and had an allergist do food allergy tests. Come to find out I was severly allergic to Milk, Beef, Eggs, Corn and borderline Wheat (gluten), oats, peanuts. I had an anaphylactic reaction to the food shots since it was the actual allergin, I almost died. It was awful. Then my brother said they can do a blood test that is cheaper and they can test for hundreds of allergins. Some can be enviornmental (dogs, cats, pollen etc..) i am also allergic to bees, wasps, honeybees. My mom and 2 brothers and sis have enviro allergies 2 of them get shots weekly. There are no known shots for food allergies that I know of. It is the elimination diet. Extremely hard. Takes double the time to read all labels at the store, but I have lost some weight and I do feel much better. I still have anxiety about getting sick and not being able to take care of my family, but the worry is less. I do take xanax as needed and ambien for insomnia. My other fear is public speeking. I hate to be the center of attention. I get physically sick. In high school I used to throw up if I hadn't studied for a big test, the first day of school, if I knew I was getting a good grade and my parents were going to see it. I don't stress AS much, usually about making the bills and my health are the issues. If I don't laugh sometimes, I'd cry.
Sorry this is so long. I hope you can find the answers for youself and feel better!!!
Take Care

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-10-2006 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Please read all of the "Sticky" posts at the top of this board as to why edits where made to your post. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread