It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

terry111 HB User
spiking fever out of nowhere

So I now have a fever, burning up everywhere and am going back to the ER. I NEVER get fevers.. I haven't been out of my house in days, so I didn't catch something from someone. My kids and husband have been healthy. I've had this problem breathing for 7 weeks now and now a fever. So, I'm just getting nervous--what if it's related somehow, etc... I wonder if the ER will do anything or just send me home and say it's viral. I just want some tests and some answers already! I feel like dying.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
(female)

NicoletteAshley HB User
Re: spiking fever out of nowhere

Hi Terry,
I'am going through the same thing! For about a month, I have been having fevers(which I NEVER get either) and breathing problems that scare the heck out of me. I was told it was Bronchitis. I'am still having problems with my breathing, and I actually hyperventilate a lot of the time, even though I'am pretty much over the Bronchitis. The Doctor said the dry cough could last several weeks to a few months. It must have taken a lot out of me, because I have had Panic attacks everyday day sense I came down with this crap. And it's no better today. I suggest you go to the Doctor or ER to get it checked out, to see if that's what you may have. Depending on the severity of your symptoms they may take a plain film X-ray of your lungs, to rule out the presence of a pneumonia. I hope you get to feeling better!

Take care!

~NicoletteAshley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
(female)

terry111 HB User

My problem is I'm not sick at all..no cold, no cough, etc... just fever and short of breath for 7 weeks... air hunger feeling... I'm not congested or anything... I'm worried now I have something major wrong, like my body is trying to fight something like cancer or something... just what i need to add to my list.. I feel so BURNING HOT right now... my temp was 101 after advil. The advil made no difference. And I feel like I"m getting hotter and hotter.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
(female)

christina124 HB User

I am having the same problem! When my panic attacks would come on and I went to the ER, my ear temp was 99.9. BUT, when I would get home, my mouth temp without drinking anything was 87.8. How are you taking your temp? Outside skin or mouth? Panic attacks can raise your temp the doc said. They even tested me for of anything inflamed in my body and weird infections they may have missed and nothing showed up. I, too, have shortness of breath.

Check your temp when you are having an attack and then when you are fine (hours later). I bet they are different. If not, you may have a lung infection of some kind or and infection the doc may have missed.

I hope you feel better...I am working on mine two...I am new to this for just two months {REMOVED} I bought relaxing incense and a relaxation CD ("Music for Stress Relief) with no words. I am listening to it now. It and the smells of lavender/vanilla are really helping. Well, that and the doc told me to stop Paxil, up the Xanax, see him Monday.

Last edited by christina124; 03-19-2007 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Read all of the "Sticky" posts at the top of this board. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Closed Thread