It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
(male)

Desmond1990 HB User
Fainted watching a "scarred" video.

Hi. Basically, I was watching a video on the internet about a skater who accidentally ripped his scrotum open (I had nothing better to do). I've never felt squeamish before.

I ended up fainting (though the video was not graphical, nor 'over descriptive'), and I ended up bashing my face on the computer desk and (somehow) knocking my pc monitor onto the floor. The weird thing is that I don't remember banging my face at all (but the bridge of my nose is cut). All I remember is a bang, my ears ringing, me trying to stand up and falling over, falling into the wall, and sitting thinking "What the hell's happening? Have I been drugged? Am I going to die"etc, I had a cold sweat, and my balance was none-existant (all are probably due to the head impact). I crawled to my bed to lie down for a few seconds. I'm fine now, but it was a shocking and terrifying experience. I watched the video again, and it didn't bother me.

I'm aware that this isn't really a 'health dissorder', but I'd like to know any ways of overcoming this. This is the first time I've fainted, ever... Am I squeamish or was this just a one off?

Please reply

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-15-2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Please read the posting rules as well as all "Sticky" posts at the top of this board as to why your post was edited. Ms_Mod

Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
(female)

debi48 HB User
Re: Fainted watching a "scarred" video.

Desmond...."vasovagal syncope".....its a good chance thats what happened to you.

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-16-2007 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Removed banned word. If a word comes up like this *** in your post that word is banned on this website. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
(male)

Desmond1990 HB User

Hi debi, thanks a lot for that. I found your advice very useful.

I hadn't eaten much at all that day, and I'd been sitting down for quite a few hours, so I didn't really realise that I was hungry. I remember that I felt a lot better after I ate, but I wasn't sure whether that was because I'd started to pull myself together.

Thanks again for the advice, I've been reading up on "Vasovagal syncope" and I've learnt a lot. I think I'll try to figure out whether it was the hunger, or whether it was the video. To be honest, I forget to feed myself quite a lot; but rescently I've been considering re-thinking my whole eating strategy.

Thanks again.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User

DEBI 48 ,CAN YOU TELL ME WHATvasovagal syncope IS? I BEEN HABING FAINTING SPELLS BUT I ALSO HAVE HORRIBLE HEADACHES TOO BUT THE FAINTING IS GOING AWAY SOME SO IM THINKING ITS MAYBE BLOOD PRESSURE .CAN TAKING XANAX CAUSE FAINTING AND HEADACHES? I HAVE A PANIC DISORDER TOO I TAKE 1 MG XANAX 3 TIMES A DAY AND I BEEN ON THEM ALLMOST 2 YRS BUT MY HEAD STARTED HURTING REALLY BAD WHEN I WAS ON NORVASC B/P MEDS AND WHEN THE DR SWITCHED BRANDS THE HEADACHES ARE STILL HERE BUT MY FAINTING ISNT QUITE AS BAD BUT WHENEVER I WOULD FAINT ID JUST DROP FOR NO REASON.
THANKS ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP
VICKIE

Closed Thread