It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Question has anyone ever tried buspar? if so how well does it work?

hi ,i suffer from panic disorder and been on 1 mgs of xanax 3 times a day since feb 06 and i tried weening off them and i couldnt handle it i also suffer with a seizure disorder and i told my dr i wanted off xanax all together and told him i thought i would need to go into a hospital because i tried klonipins and ativan both and i couldnt handle either of them either so what is buspar used for i dont want to take them for life i was reading online and i dont think i will like them so can anyone tell me if they have ever used them and if so do they work and how long do we take them before we come off them i do like the xanax they calm me down when i get a seizure and i only take what im suppose to take so please can anyone here please give me some advice and tell me anything about this drug i called my dr today and i flat told him i wasnt a druggie i told him i want off if i can but if i cant i dont want off cause i cant handle the panic attacks i had to call 911 so many times over this and living with a seizure disorder on top of it im scared to take the buspar .
please anyone give me some advice about this and how it works...
thanks
vickie

Old 08-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #2
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User
Re: has anyone ever tried buspar? if so how well does it work?

I have been on Buspar for the last 5 months and it has helped me tremendously! I don't understand why doctors are not prescribing this more since it is not an addicting medication.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-19-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Removed uncalled for comment. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wow really how long does it take to start working ? im currently on 3-4 mgs xanax a day and i want off them my old dr wanted me to try buspar but i was scared it wouldnt work so maybe i will try them he said id have to be on xanax for awhile with buspar he didnt say how long but what does it do for you like how do you feel on them ? do they make you tired do they calm you down give me all the info you can about the buspar if you dont mind cause if its worth it im changing to buspar .
thanks vickie

Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User

Buspar takes about 4 weeks to take affect. No, it does not make you tired. There are no side effects that I know of. I am on 60 mgs a day and very rarely have to take a xanax now. I do take this in conjunction with Celexa, antidepressant.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad62, my sister said she tried it and when it starts wearing off you feel bad i bet she didnt give it a chance could the xanax be whats causing me to sleep alot i take depakote too for seizures and i thought it was the depakote but if i dont take a depakote which i need to i fall asleep i take 4 mgs xanax a day im also on zoloft 50 mgs .and 4 weeks is nothing do you become addicted to thisd drug and if i decide to come off and stop taking and xanax too can i stop and not have any w.d's or side effects ??
thanks and anymore advice on this drug would be helpfull ...

Old 08-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User

Meds react so differently with each person. One person cantake something and have great results and another can have side effects. I took Buspar and had to come off it because of side effects. It sounds like you're having an awful time. Klonopin withdrawl can be awful. I was taking 3 mg a day and foolishly stopped taking them and was lucky not to have more serious side effects. The best thing I ever took for my anxiety was an antidepressant called Wellbutrin. It was like a miracle drug. No obsessing, no anxiety.

Last edited by cathy1; 08-24-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
(male)

man74 HB User

busbar didn't do a thing for me. I may have well have swallowed a mouthful of air, yet Kolonipin was my key to success. It just took the edge off my attacks enough to get me though the day until I finally tossed them and am now drug and panic attack free.

Closed Thread