It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
(female)

777444b HB User
Unhappy Scared of others throwing up

Hey im 17 i have this problem since i can remember i don't no what started it ?And why i have it?I have to say its the worst fear ever!You basically have no life! I cant hang out with my friends because i think there always going to throw up or even go on party's because i'm always scared.Its depressing! I never knew people my age or even younger all different kinds of ages have the same problem. Its relieving but now im even more scared because i read about some panic disorders and they never got over it .I want to have kids i cant because i would be scared if they throw up and i would runaway.What kind of Mom is that! Sometimes i cant even be around people i feel i should be alone in a bubble and never come out: (Im scared of life.I only trust a couple of people around me.I just want one day forgetting and live life without being scared always.If something bad or good happens with the family out of town i cant even take a plane or be in a car with people for a long period of time i feel locked up and suffocating.Or scared to eat dinner with my boyfriend.Even go to the movies: ( im scared someone will throw up!I hate the word throw up.My family and friends laugh at me when i tell them this.Please help me i want to get over this i want a life ! Thanks

Old 07-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Scared of others throwing up

That's called emetophobia, and you aren't the first person I've heard this from.

You might want to look into some form of therapy or medication, as it is clearly interfering with your day-to-day life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User

This is one of the top 5 phobia's.. I know because I have it. It's not just about others getting sick but about you getting sick (I can't even write thr*owing up). I've had it since I was a 8 years old when I had a stomac virus and since then it's ever present in my thoughts.. a true phobia. Nobody likes to get sick but when it interferes with your life, you need to get some help in dealing with it...it also can make you a germ phobe.. and the older you get.. the worse it gets.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User

I had it when I was a child. I don't have it now and I have three kids and they've all TU at some stage of their lives and I didn't like it but I dealt with it. I didn't do anything to get over it, it just passed, but at one stage it was very very bad. I used to look at myself in the mirror before I went to bed each night and if I looked a bit pale I'd be terrified I was about to TU.

When I was doing my teaching degree a girl TU on a bus and both the other teachers said 'I can't deal with that!' and so I cleaned it up and sat with her and comforted her. So there is hope for you. Don't give up.

Closed Thread