It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
(female)

dello123 HB User
why do i feel like im going to die all the time

im fed up of this feeling i feel like im just waiting to die all the time i don't feel the same person anymore and when i ring an abmbulunce or the doctors they just refer me to physcolagists but this don't seem to work i now think i have a brain tumour , have recently been having blood tests and it have come back that i have a low blood count which has scared me evan more , i cant do the things i use to i cant be the same person i always feel like im going to die all the time and im fed up of doctors telling me its in my head when they aint evan checked me over propley this is a horrible feelingg, and i cant stand living like this i feel so confuzzed and annoyeddd my life cudnt get any worst what a horrible feeeling never thought like would be thi cruel EVER! someone help me if they feel the same because i feel like im going through this on my own thanks so much

Old 10-04-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
(female)

ymoore86 HB User
Re: why do i feel like im going to die all the time

your def. not the only person that goes through those feelings.
i always find it helpful to read these boards and see that other people are going though what im going through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
(female)

dello123 HB User

aww do you feel the same yeah ? what do you feel like xx

Old 10-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
(female)

ymoore86 HB User

those are classic symptoms of a panic disorder or Anxiety disorder.
you just have to remind yourself that its only anxiety and you can get through it( wayyyy easier said than done i know)
are you on any meds?

Old 10-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Get on some meds for those symptoms and you will feel better. It may take some time for the meds to work and you might feel even lousier at first but believe me, they do work. It sounds like you may also be suffering my depression and not even know it. The feeling that you are dying is panic and anxiety. It is a horrible feeling. Good Luck, Linda

Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
(male)

Kohl HB User

I get hyperchondria/panic attacks, and I think I feel similar stuff a lot of the time. Sometimes I curl up in Bed at night and feel like Im dying, accept that Im dying, and wonder why on earth Im still alive. I can't describe how dark, unnatural and hollow everything feels at times like that.

Thankfully, it is usually gone the next morning, and it doesn't happen too often. Im having CBT at the moment, so naturally, I feel a lot better. Id recomend you see someone who knows a lot about managing the anxiety/panic attacks/hyperchondria that causes these feelings, like a CBT therapist - it can really help having someone who is there for you. I mean sure, he's there for you because you pay him, (!) but you can take what you will from the lessons - I find them really informative. And it helps having a kindve mentor, - someone who is there, guiding you through the maze on every 7th corner. (or day of the week.)

As your in the UK, you can see a councillor for free by talking to your GP. Sometimes these free councellors aren't too great, but sometimes they are ok. But its free, so id definately set some time aside and try it for a few sessions!

In my experience, medication for depression didn't do ANYTHING. Taking SSRIs was effectively like swallowing a bit of plastic every morning, and I felt even more down due to the fact that I was on anti-depressants. Would definately reccommend the CBT though.

Hope you get better SOON!

Closed Thread