It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

katierocksman HB User
Fear of Fainting At School (please help!)

I've been having anxiety attacks at my school for the past two years. It started when I passed out one day @ school because i was hungry. Now, I can't get it in my head that I'll be OK! I'm always afraid I might pass out, even when I feel fine. At home I'm PERFECTLY fine-not worrying a bit. But, at school... WOW! Its terrible & its caused me to miss out on fun things && make bad grades. PLEASE HELP ME! (it's school phobia &+ fear of fainting)

--Katie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
(female)

WRosenberg HB User
Re: Fear of Fainting At School (please help!)

Hi- I'm in school as well, I'm seventeen years old, and I think we have a similar situation. My fear isn't as specific as yours, but its similar, in the way in which, at home, I'm completely fine. Then, at certain places in certain situations I'm overcome with nervousness. School, sometimes. Cars often. And now public speaking--I get very anxious about public speaking because I'm afraid I'll experience a panic attack in front of the entire class and think of how embarrassing that would be! I think we are sort of similar in this way; I completely understand, at home I'm never worried about this type of thing, its just certain situations, and it has made me miss out on certain things as well.

Maybe you can call what we have a phobia; I don't think we have full blown panic attacks, but I beleive we probably have anxiety or an anxiety disorder of some kind. I'm on the same boat as you, I'm not yet sure what to do. So it doesn't make much sense for me to give you advice, but I'll give it to you anyways. I'd say, talk to someone, if not a therapist, perhaps the school counselor or your parents about this. If its really serious and won't go away I would say definately consult a doctor.

Hope this helps, I think its good to know that there are other people out there dealing with similar things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread