It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
(male)

vinnyvince2k6 HB User
Unhappy quivers near my heart

yeh, this started about last week and is very scary and disrupts my sleep. when i try going to sleep sometimes i get this lil quivery feeling near my heart the more i feel like im about to fall asleep. its very scary and dont know what to do. then a warm sensation follows in that area after somestimes. i dont know what this is but when it happens i get up and start panicking. when this happens i pop up and kinda yell, for i feel if i let it keep quivering that something bad will happen. it feels like a spasm near my heart and im unsure if it could even be a part of my organ of the heart. sometimes when it happens i pop up trying to suck in air through my nose and it feels like i cant suck in at all sometimes. please does anybody know of this condition???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
(female)

misskittyred HB User
Re: quivers near my heart

This sounds like PVCs (premature ventricular contractions). I was diagnosed with these myself about six months ago. They are very common and in most people they are benign. Anxiety can bring them on, as can stimulants. They are usually caused by a disruption in your electrical system, not by a problem with your heart. I am a member of a PVC support group and many members say sleeping on their side can bring them on. Are you a side sleeper? Following up with your doctor to maybe get a Holter or event monitor would help confirm if this is what's happening. I know from experience that these are terribly scary and it brought on severe panic attacks for me initially, but knowing more about them and how common they are has helped me cope. I hope you are feeling better soon. Hang in there, you're not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
(female)

gb1234 HB User

My husband gets PVC's, and even though his doctor has told him that they are harmless, he says they are very uncomfortable and make him very anxious. He just went through a whole battery of tests today (stress test, EKG, Holter monitor, etc) and I'm hoping that will put his mind at ease. Even so, he said they are not pleasant because they make you feel like your heart is stopping and that you need to catch your breath. Hopefully you can have some tests done to put your mind at ease as well. I just wish there was a way to manage them better because I know they cause a lot of stress even if they're benign.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-15-2009 at 07:42 AM.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User

I have the same type of problem. Had the Holter, EKG, Ultrasound etc etc. Sometimes Ill feel like a quiver or vibration in the heart area. Feels like my heart is vibrating. Sometimes Ill feel the skip in my upper chest/throat and then the big pound when it starts up again. I've had it all. The worst times are when I'm really hungry and I get anxious like a low blood sugar and it pounds and skips like crazy. It also can be with me for months and then go away for years only to return again. I'm not sure what starts it up again but I know for sure that keeping myself from being hungry really makes a huge difference.

Once I stopped flipping out when it happened I was able to relax and not make it worse.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
(female)

scarlettadrift HB User

I just happened upon this website because I've yet to get the diagnosis, but this sounds exactly like what happens to me. I also have had 2 EKGs and bloodwork (once in the ER). It's really hard to explain how it feels, but skipping a beat is exactly what it feels like. My GP hasn't been to helpful, so I am seeing a new doc next week. Now I can use the info from this message board and maybe speed things along.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
(female)

Dragonomine HB User

Get your PCP to refer you to a Cardiologist. He's more equipped to get to the root of the problem.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:34 AM   #7
(male)

vinnyvince2k6 HB User

when you said heart stopping make you catch yur breath. thats exactly how i feel . it such an unpleasant wicked feeling. it only happens when im bout 2 fall asleep. and i sleep on my side majority of the time . but regardless of position those lil quivers still come. thanks for the info.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
(male)

vinnyvince2k6 HB User

hey thank <YOU> for the info. it helped im going to the doc on tuesday hopefully, i can relieve my problem. also, i notice that when i feel a small vibrating sensation within the left side of my chest, thats when i know i wont be able to sleep <BECAUSE> when i try and im about to fall asleep BAM it spaz's out. its so scary and irritating. it gets to the point where im so tired <BECAUSE> i havnt slept but im so scared of how wicked that spasms feels like, so i find myself closing my eyes and trying to stay awake but fear that it will come and im like half asleep by body will just drop <SOMETIMES><BECAUSE> it thinks it sleeping but im still kindof awake. but whats worse is im afraid it might get to the point that these spasms might occur when im awake and thats the least thing id ever want.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-17-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole, real words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread