It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
(male)

TheAngelGabriel HB User
Stop me if you heard this but..

Does anyone ever get the feeling that you are just going to drop dead on the floor?? Or a sick feeling in your chest like your heart went bad and is about to stop right there? I mean, i've been tested up the you know what and been told that i'm "good to go" or that i'm completely healthy but why do i not feel that way? I have this crazy fear about dying when i'm not and complete health anxiety and i just can't figure out if the anxiety and stress make me feel all these weird sensations and then i just panic badly about them or if i'm actually gonna die soon...it's making me crazy!

Anybody out there that can relate?

Last edited by TheAngelGabriel; 11-03-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: mispelled

Old 11-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Stop me if you heard this but..

do not monitor or check your body, a self help book on how to stop worrying should help

your problem is mostly hypochondria, google it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

Charmbracelet81 HB User

YES! You sounds just like me! I am in therapy for anxiety and panic disorder. Right when my eyes open in the morning, I begin thinking about dying and am certain that "today will be the day." Obviously I haven't reached my day yet, but I can't get the thought out of my head, and picturing the senario: how it will feel, happen, who will find me? I absolutley hate it!! Just wanted you to know, I completley relate!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
(female)

tiffanyhope12 HB User

I am exactly the same way. I have to stop checking my temperature or blood pressure, etc. I went to the grocery store to get a prescription filled and started to panic. I began to feel "not myself" and my eyes got blurry; I thought I was going to pass out. I thought, "This is it. This time I am going to pass out in front of all these normal, happy people". So I stood there, waiting, and got dizzy. I checked my blood pressure at those free checking stations and my heart rate was 116. My blood pressure was 130/75 or something. It said I was hypertensive. My blood pressure has always been perfect. I broke down crying in the middle of the store! The pharmacist tried to reassure me that my blood pressure went up because I was having a panic attack, but I couldn't calm down. I cried hysterically, my life flashing before my eyes.

So yes, I can totally relate. It's such a horrible way to live life. I love life so much and I wish my body would agree and not freak out so much! :P

Hope it gets better for you!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
(female)

cloverdaze HB User

Yes, I absolutely 100% feel that exact same way. Tiffany, you explained how I feel perfectly as well. It actually made me tear up to read this because it makes me so upset that anyone should have to feel this way. On on hand, I like to know I'm not alone, but on the other hand, I wouldn't wish these feelings on my worst enemy. As it is, I am sitting up at 1am because I was laying in bed and felt like I was going to die or my heart was going to stop...so now I'm just trying to calm down. I wish I had some advice, but I really don't! I hope you all feel better.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #6
(female)

JNoel24 HB User

I can totally relate to you, I'm at work right now and I can't stop thinking about my heart rate and my breathing. Just like Charmbracelet81 said, the moment I wake up in the morning, too, I start thinking "this is it, this is going to be the day when I just stop breathing and drop dead". It is horrible, catastrophic thinking and I hate it. So I hope it makes you feel better to know that you're not alone in this.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
(female)

tata55 HB User

I totally agree. I feel the same way. I am still having those issues because I was driving a couple weeks ago when I had these feelings. I went to ER and they said anxiety or blood sugar low. I had to have my cousin drive me home and I have been scared to drive ever since then. I can take dirt roads and do fine but if I get on highway I start getting scared. Don't know if it was switching from paxil to lexapro and back to paxil? Anyway I am sorry to hear others going through the same thing but then again at least I know its not just me.

Closed Thread