It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

jennabr HB User
Question Does anyone else experience this?

I've read all of the symptoms of panic attacks and have most of them - only my fears don't involve something bad happening to myself - it involves my kids. I become convinced that something bad is going to happen to them and it will be something I could have prevented if I'd just been more careful. Every time I turn on the tv it seems like there's a story about something terrible happening to children - the ones about sexual predators especially freak me out. It gets to the point where I'm so terrified I can barely function - I get all of the typical symptoms - heart racing, shaking, dry mouth, etc. But I don't care if I die, as long as my kids are ok. I also become very suspicious of people, even people I love and trust. And then that makes me feel like a terrible person. There's nothing in my past to explain this fear. I had a pretty average childhood, supportive parents, etc. There are several other members of my extended family that also suffer from anxiety and depression, not sure about panic attacks. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else's panic attacks revolve around this issue. It would definitely help to know that I'm not the only one.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: Does anyone else experience this?

I take Lorazapam for anxiety.It was very helpful to me.You also need some literature on self-worth.A simple book by Louise Hay would be my choice.She has sold 30 million
of her main book.She is my age.(old-but near perfect).Digest both,and see the new you. Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
(female)

cloverdaze HB User
Re: Does anyone else experience this?

Yes. That sounds absolutely normal to me. Part of it goes with being a parent, but part of it is due to anxiety you already have. Like somehow we aren't able to be rational about things. At the same time, you're right, every minute on the news they tell some horrible story about something awful happening and you end up becoming convinced it will happen to your family as well. I totally understand how you feel.

Closed Thread