It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2002, 01:45 AM   #1
Veteran

bev52 HB User
Post My Body Can't Keep Up With My Panic

I thought everything was fine so I went grocery shopping. I was almost finished - and BOOM! The sweat started pouring. I couldn't get a deep breath. I felt light headed and it seemed like the store was shrinking. I thought "if I don't get out of here, I'm going 2 die!" I left all of my groceries in the cart-almost ran out of the store - got in my car and I don't think I took my foot off of the accelerator until I parked the car. I jumped out of the car -ran 2 the house-shut the door and locked it. You would have thought someone was chasing me. I wasn't thinking about anything except grocery shopping. What the heck brought that on? I am truly stymied.
Maybe it's my husbands back surgery, I'm having 2 do all of the errands, the scare I had with finding a lump on my cat, Hannah and it just got 2 me. That's the only thing I can figure out. Plus I have an Aunt that I think the world of and I do her laundry and gro shop for her, run errands, etc. Thanks for listening.
Leppi

Old 08-08-2002, 07:49 AM   #2

Bubbly20 HB User
Hi Leppi

Its horrid isnt it, so sorry you had to go through that.
How long have you been having panic attacks? Are you on any meds?

It will get better..maybe try not to take on so much at a time, let yourself relax.

Keep in touch

Bubbly x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2002, 07:53 PM   #3
Veteran

bev52 HB User
Red face

Hi Bubbly,
I'm not really sure how long because I didn't know what they were for a long time. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif I know it's been years. I got so tired of taking meds that I finally took myself off. . .very slowly. I still have 2 take Xanax, but I try to limit it 2 only what I really need.
Thx 4 words of encouragement.
Leppi/Bev

Old 08-10-2002, 05:56 AM   #4
Veteran

buck58 HB User
Hi Bev, panic attacks are terrible, I too have them. And for me it's real simple. Unless I take my medicine 3 times a day, I can count on having an attack in the near future. So for me, I'd rather take the pills than have the panic attacks. Just my opinion though. Good luck.
buck.

Old 08-10-2002, 04:11 PM   #5
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
9i hear ya bev! isnt it aweful? that happens to me alot, esp now b/c im being forced to see a male dr that i hate&have no choice&have a major anxiety attack every time he tries to examine me b/c i was almost raped by a dr back in may& am now absolutelty terrified to the point where when i need to see the dr, i have to have someone stay with me.

Old 08-10-2002, 08:17 PM   #6

Marcelle HB User
Hi, Bev.

I stand with Buck on this. What helped me was my medication. I tried relaxation techniques, self-hypnosis and they only worked once I was on a regime. Counselling, although it helped me in other ways, did not help me with my panic attacks.

I hope you are feeling better.

Old 08-11-2002, 07:47 AM   #7
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
what meds do you guys use? i use xanax.

Old 08-11-2002, 06:00 PM   #8
Veteran

bev52 HB User
Buck, Andrea, Marcelle,
Thank so much for kind words of encouragement and info.
Buck, I'm also on Xanax, but I've been trying to cut back. I have a horrible fear, or maybe even a phobia of meds. I've had some TERRIBLE experiences with side effects. Believ me - nobody had to tell me to grab the Xanax that day!

Andrea,
I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible experience with that doc. I can understand how your anxiety would definitely be at a high when going to the doc. I think I would raise a little sand to see if I could get a female - if any way possible.
Best of luck to you and thx for info & kind words.
Leppi

Marcelle,
As I mentioned above, I am so terrified of meds. Had quite a few bad side effects. Actually thought I'd bought the farm a few times. No fun! I've had quite a good deal of counselling and I do believe it did some good. I'm just in a situation right now that I need to pace myself a little better. It's a very busy time for me and I know better. . .this was more my fault than anyone else's.
My best to you.
Thx for caring.
Leppi

Old 08-11-2002, 07:19 PM   #9
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
thnx bev. the hard part is, for this particular thing, i cant, im stuck(hes not my reg dr)thank god but its still aweful!!

Old 08-11-2002, 08:00 PM   #10
Veteran

bev52 HB User
Is this doc filling in for your regular doc? Not trying to be nosy, just care what happens to you.
Lep

Closed Thread