It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2002, 01:44 PM   #1

NeverWed HB User
Question Perplexed about Paxil

I have been on Paxil for almost a year now. Though my panic and aniexty levels are better, my energy levels seem at an all time low, and my weight an all time high. I have been on the medication long enough for all the adjustments to take place, but now am faced with a high cholestrol and frequent headaches. Even more annoying is that I constantly sweat. I wake up daily soaked in sweat, and cannot perform the simplest of tasks without having to shower afterwards.
Is there anyone else that is experiencing these symptoms? I would sure like to talk to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2002, 05:22 PM   #2
Veteran

buck58 HB User
Neverwed, I used to take paxil and I loved it, It did me so much good. But like you, I sweated at the least little thing. Got kind of embarrassing sometimes. I would even sweat at night while sleeping. Anyway, because of that bothersome side effect, I decided to quit paxil. Weight gain was another problem, but like you said the sweating was the real problem. I now take prozac with very good results, and no sweating. Best of luck to you!
buck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2002, 06:15 PM   #3

NeverWed HB User
Buck

How does the prozac compare to the paxil? Have you tried any other medications? If so, did you have any adverse side effects?
Thanks for replying so promtly.

Old 08-12-2002, 06:31 PM   #4

Marcelle HB User
Hi, Neverwed:

My experience with Paxil was almost exactly the same as yours. You are lucky, though, at least you noticed. I was happily ignorant at the fact that I was driving everyone crazy with being too tired all the time (I thought I was just tired from work).

I gained weight very quickly (15 pounds in a year) and was too tired to exercise. I also didn't have the will to cook decent meals for myself or my family.

In piecing together from both co-workers and family, I was just disinterested in everything, therefore, nothing was worth the effort.

Having discussed these things with my doctor, we agreed that I should try something else. Right now I am on Wellbutrin. It seems to work ok. I have much more energy, but I have crazy dreams when I can sleep at all.

I may have to switch again, but my doctor is willing to work with me. I hope yours is, too.

Good luck!

------------------
~ Marcelle ~

Old 08-13-2002, 06:50 AM   #5

NeverWed HB User
Just a quick question. What is the medical condition that you are being treated for? I am an agorophobic with panic and aniexty as a result of post trauma.
I am 35 and went over 10 years untreated. I am curious as to what everyone else is being treated for, and if their treatments are working. I have tried Zoloft, and now Paxil, and I have been given Xanax to take when I feel panic attacks coming on.
Look forward to hearing from you.
P.S. Have doctors appt in 2 days, and would like feedback to take to her. I really want to change my meds.

Old 08-13-2002, 05:47 PM   #6

Marcelle HB User
Hi.

I am taking medication for panic attacks and depression. I don't know if I was ever officially "diagnosed" with panic disorder.

I work in a medical facility, so I was able to ask some specific confidants for advice.

What they told me was that medication is as individual as fingerprints and if something does not work, another drug in the same class might be a help.

------------------
~ Marcelle ~

[This message has been edited by Marcelle (edited 08-13-2002).]

Closed Thread