It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2002, 11:16 AM   #1

JenniferLynn HB User
Unhappy Panic and Pms, Please help me out girls

Does anyone experience really bad panic attacks and just all over anxiety during pms? It's getting real bad lately and my doctor put me on a new birth control thinking that might help, but it doesn't seem to work yet? I get sooooo shaky and then my mind starts wondering if there's something wrong, I am afraid I might have a convusion or something......is this normal and what can I do???? Please help!!!!and send suggestions, much appreciated!! ~JEnn

Old 11-10-2002, 03:39 PM   #2
(female)

lilly5 HB User
I haven't noticed a relationship between anxiety and pms, but I just wanted to let you know that I have been going through major anxiety/panic attacks lately, too. You are not alone. I don't know what causes my anxiety and panic attacks, but going out anywhere or thinking about going out gives me them. I was on birth control pills for 18 years and had my tubes tied in July. My anxiety and panic has defintely been peaking ever since. Maybe there is a relationship there, I don't know. I just wish there was a magic pill to make them go away.

Lilly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2002, 10:06 AM   #3

blacktango HB User
In alot of people PMS can heighten things up to 10 times as much, this includes moods, headaches, muscle cramps and of course, anxiety. So if you're one of them, like me, then it's normal for it to affect panic attacks.

Old 11-24-2002, 08:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
jennifer totally with you http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif had the hormone tests doc agreed l suffer some degree off pmt this was nearly 2 years ago suggested evening primrose and vitamin b6 was on antis ds for over a year, things are gettin worse for me l could fight mike tyson and win most months lol, l get to feel so ill, l suffer from the anxiety, headaches, cold symptoms, pains all over, chest pains, feeling like im going to faint, hot flushes alkinds doc says im no where near menopause l have this bother at least 10 days b4 period and now during, then after about 10 days l get hard spots under my skin near my mouth,sorry to be graphic hope someone can help lol, these are like mini boils and cant be squashed and rid of, doc gave me super strength vitamins havnt helped antiseptic dont work they last the same amount of time each month, it really has me fed up my thoughts are terrifying l am not living at this time and must go back and persist l get some good proper help. sorry to drone on if anyone has any ideas please reply thanx http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 12-09-2002, 03:52 PM   #5
littlesheep1999

jenn i am bad with anxiety but even worse due to pm it is bad with me, if i were you ide come of all birth conrol pills, and go onto a mild ssri.. to calm you down.. birth control pills and ssri's dont mis to weel one or the other works... apparently so ive read somewhere.. thats why i wont touch a birth pill good luck

Old 12-09-2002, 05:49 PM   #6

JenniferLynn HB User
Talking

Thank You all for giving me advice and support. I really appreciate it!!

Old 12-09-2002, 07:45 PM   #7
Veteran

Anonymity HB User
Have you heard of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder? Apparently, it's a more extreme form of PMS. I'm currently trying to figure out if that's something I need to bring up with my doctor. You might try researching it! Good luck!

Old 12-11-2002, 11:09 AM   #8

Dunkers HB User
No, I don't notice any correlation between worse panic and pms (which I do suffer from). I'm just real *****y! LOL.

Whoops! Sorry moderator, forgot my manners there!

[This message has been edited by Dunkers (edited 12-11-2002).]

[~~ We don't normally allow profanities, or the substitution of parts of profane words with other keyboard characters such as "*", but I think we can make an exception here... ~~ Minerva ]

[This message has been edited by minerva (edited 12-12-2002).]

Thanks Minerva, won't happen again! Dunk.

[This message has been edited by Dunkers (edited 12-12-2002).]

Old 12-15-2002, 06:39 PM   #9

smander74 HB User
Talking

Am I ever glad you posted JenniferLynn! I have the same problem! I have panic disorder and over the past two years noticed that the only times I have an episode is during PMS. I talked to my doctor about it and the moron said I was, get this, crazy. Needless to say, I don't see him anymore. I have charted my attacks and sure enough, they are within the week before I start. If I don't have an attack, my PMS is HORRIBLE! So bad that not only do I want to beat everyone around me, but myself as well. I have learned how to get through my attacks though without having to take my meds. Big bonus. I guess one bright spot is that we know in a "week or two" it'll be over for awhile. Keep your chin up. :wave

Old 12-16-2002, 05:44 PM   #10

JenniferLynn HB User
thanks again for all of you that have posted in response to my post!! Although, it stinks that some of you have it as bad as me, it's reasurring to know that it's NOT just me!! Feel free to email me, to help each other!! Thanks again, Jenn

Old 12-29-2002, 01:28 PM   #11
(female)

lifeisbeautiful HB User
hey i know what u mean too! i am trying birth control out of help me balance my hormones to get control of my anxiety. my doctors and nurse practioner think they are very much related. like i would freak out and cry ALL the time around my period and then it would get better. vicious cycles. but if this birth control stuff works i will start to have less up and downs and be able to *finally* start living a normal life.

------------------
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
if anyone tries to tell you that you can't work hard enough to face the task in front of you - sHoW tHeM tHaT yOu'Re ToUgH.
if anyone tries to tell you that you are not strong don't listen to discouragement - kNoW tHaT yOu BeLoNg.
If anyone tries to tell you that you can't sing your own song or make you way in the world - pRoVe ThEm WrOnG.

~Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worthwhile, so when you are lonely, remember it's true: Somebody, somewhere is thinking of you.~

Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.

*~*when life hands you darkness, it's your job to see through it to find the light*~*

*pain doesn't decompose when you bury it*

~Hope is the courage of knowing the truth, and no matter how bad the truth may be, you still hold on.

keep smiling
kelly

Old 01-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
(female)

lil vixen HB User
Talking Re: Panic and Pms, Please help me out girls

Hi Jenn. I am 34 and I have had panick attacks since the age of 15. I have lived with them and have been given so many medications and nothing worked... 2 yrs ago my dog had me make a journal of my diet, exercise (or lack there of!), sleeping patterns and my cycle for 3 months. 15 minutes of her looking through it she realized I have PMDD. She offered meds including birth control in which I refused. I have found taking over the counter Estroven has reduced most of my symptoms. It has soy and cohosh and all kinds of things that just naturally balance your hormones. I'm not 100% but it helps considerably and just the fact knowing my diagnosis helped me so I can calm myself down durring an attack or pep myself up if I feel drained. Best of luck to you!!!

Closed Thread