I have taken Inositol for anxiety and it works! But, I do have to mention about a couple of things regarding it first.
1. You can gain some weight while on it.
2. The brand you take makes all the difference (because I tried several brands - some worked some didn't - I felt some didn't work because of the "fillers" put in and they were in tablet form instead of capsules.) The best brand that actually worked was Twinlab "crystallized" Inositol.
3. You have to build yourself up to about 3-4 a day to have a full effect. Start with taking 1-2 capsules a day and work up to 4.
4. Inositol (if you take the right brand as I mentioned) in my opinion, is about as effective as some of the SSRI's.
5. Don't take inositol if you are already on a SSRI without asking your psych. Even though it is a natural substance, it can cause an "overabudance" of serotonin.