It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
(female)

rubyskee HB User
HELP ME WITH ADVICE ON Panic Disorder/Seroquel XR/Borderline Peronsality Disorder

I just started on Seroquel XR for Panic Disorder. I suppose it will help with my Borderline Personality Disorder/Chronic Depression aswell, considering it is prescribed mostly for Bipolar, and Bipolar and BPD run on par with each other. I have been on nearly every med known to man for panic disorder/depression/sleep since I was 12 and I'm only 18. These include Largactyl, Valium, Deptran, Pristiq, Prozac, Luvox, Lumin, Xanax, Serepax, Avanza, Stillnox... need I continue?

In actual fact, I was prescribed Largactyl/Valium together to aid sleep/panic attacks. I believe that specific combination was the most beneficial for me, and although it didn't stop the panic attacks completely, instead of getting 8-9 panic attacks a day, as well as general anxiety and irrational fears, my anxiety/panic attacks were slim to none. Because I have been addicted to drugs since I was 12 years old

<edited too much info>

, after I got released from jail at 18, my doctor decided to cut me off the Largactyl/Valium . Bear in mind, I am on the methadone program (reduced from 75ml to 50ml whilst incarcerated) and it would increase the effects of whatever medication or illicit substance I decide to take, although if I didn't abuse the medications I were prescribed I would be fine.

What I do not understand is if overdosing was my doctors concern, why would he have me on xanax while I was a full blown heroin addict, and then when I've been doing fairly well drug wise, he takes me off the drugs that have worked better than any other because he wants to start taking precautions now... A bit late don't you think, and now it's is not even a concern..

<edited disallowed subject>

is there any other medication you can suggest to me that will help with panic disorder that I haven't tried? I am absolutely desperate. my panic attacks wouldn't go away. They cripple me. They riddle my body. They rule my life. I am terrified. Also, what do you suggest for impulse control. I do anger management but it is not enough. I am scared of what I am capable of. I am begging the doctors to put me on something or help me but because of my extensive drug abuse history, they think I am trying to get a fix. Please help me, I am not a bad person, I just need some help to change.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-03-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
(male)

Torombolo HB User
Re: HELP ME WITH ADVICE ON Panic Disorder/Seroquel XR/Borderline Peronsality Disorder

I think what happen with you is that you having withawal symptoms because reduction of the medications , thats why you feel more afraid and having panicky attacks , i also sufferer from addiction for almost 15 years ,,,, so really know what are you experiencing right now in terms of withdrawal symptoms you feel more afraid of everything and paranoiac, and also panick of everything , thats meanwhile the brain corrects it disvanlaces of quimicals , about the anxiety , yes i am having seroquel xr for anxiety and panick also for depression and i have to say that is excellent medication ,my panick disappeared and also my anxiety , my depression is still going but i am having (celexa= citalopram) is good for depression , well i just wish you the best and i am sure that seroquel xr is going to work for you . good luck and keep up dating

Last edited by Torombolo; 05-08-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Closed Thread