It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

Coolness HB User
What your Doctor May Not tell you about Premenopause by Dr John Hanley

I know, I know. I am a young woman of 40 and there is no way I can be in premenopause. But I am. I have the headaches, bloating, mood swings, breast tenderness, heavy bleeding, clots, etc and most serious of all is anxiety and panic attacks. I was able to handle all that until the panic attacks came. I was not myself. I cannot focus. I was always afraid and believe me when I say I am a strong willed woman but I could not shake off my feeling of anxiety and panic. I learned yoga, deep breathing and all kinds of positive thinking. I called my OB/GYN and she suggested BCP which I did not want to do.
I did my own reading, research about this until I stumbled into Dr John Lee's book about premenopause. It clicked, that is me! He is talking about me! I ran to my health food store and bought the Progest cream he suggested on his book and he suggest other ones too. He did not get any money from any of them. Immediate relief I kid you not! I felt myself again! Twice a day usually by the 10th hour I feel anxiety creeping up again I apply it and I feel better quickyly. Progesterone is our happy hormone and if you have none or very little of it, it can cause anxiety. It is connected to so much and like I said please please read the book. Borrow it from the library, buy it whatever but please arm yourself with knowledge. Let us not all be robots from taking anti anxiety anti deppresant pills. Let us find the cure, not band aid the symptoms. I urge you to please read the book. If I can help one woman who went to what I did then I feel good about it. Feelings of anxiety are awful. Please take care of yourself! Read, read, read and find out for yourself!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: What your Doctor May Not tell you about Premenopause by Dr John Hanley

Oh gosh I feel like the same way and I am 42 years old. I have gotten so much anxiety and depression around my menstrual cycle and it sometimes it starts two weeks before my menstrual. Now I have another strange symptom before my menstrual - breast tenderness. My breast get so sore 10 days before menstrual.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-16-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread