It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
(male)

kvusmc HB User
I Have Been stuck Here since April of 2008

Hi Eveyone I am new here I'am Long time sufferer of severe Panic Disorder ! I cant Drive anymore Or Ride with anyone I just recently lost my drivers Liscense dew to I didnt renew It ! Because I get severe panic attacks Its only 4.5 miles away to get to the DMV ! I am also A New Father of a little Girl that will be 2 on 9-11 I didnt get to see her Born Because of traveling Problems severe Panic attacks Im a proud Husband & Father A former US Marine & Medically retired Boilermaker I used to work at heights up to 300 ft & hang From cables on scaffolding to do my Job also Graduated from Parris Island SC on August 9 1991 I joined The Corps in August in 1990 In hopes to get rid of Panic Disorder at the time I thought it was just nerves LOL Plus Also to Help me with My Job Very Dangerous work Boilermaking Working in Powerplants Fossil & Nuclear ! I havent Been to my Parents House in over 2 years which is only 5 miles away My Phycharitist retired My second Dr My first Physcaritrist I went to Was to far I had a severe Panic attack while going there I couldnt Breathe My arms & Legs went Numb I couldnt feel the gas Or Brake pedal Or stearing wheel I went down the off ramp and headed Back Home I made it ! I got a new Dr He retired in spring of 2008 and My Medical dr litterally Kicked me out of his Office I got rid of him ! So Now I have Home Health care A doctor vistits Me once A Month I have suffered From Panic disorder since 1990 My Mom & sister also Have it Plus I was given all kinds of experimental shots In the Marines Anthrax was one of the many !!!! I have Been on every medication Listed to man kind since 1997 when I was diagnosed so now Iam Homebound I want to hunt & Fish drive Just feel like My Old self again ! I could write Forever But I am still Kicking & doing the Best I can Thanks kvusmc SemperFI

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
(female)

Kaybug HB User
Re: I Have Been stuck Here since April of 2008

Your not alone in this, remember that. I have struggled off and on for 15 years, mainly while driving, even with medication. I do not have one sole piece of advise because there are many. I just know that my faith has to stay firm in the midst of all of this, and one day maybe I will tap my red glitter shoes, and find my way. I do know that their are successful stories out there for all of us, and we just have to know that we will be successful too. I will never give up. I wonder about Anxiety Disorders of America? The only problem is getting there! LOL! Well, anyway, vent here, I will try to be helpful
We are the ones in the drivers seat

And also, thanks for serving our country!

Old 08-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
(male)

kvusmc HB User

Thanks so much for writing Me My Faith is keeping me going also Plus My Family Im Just trying To Push that envelope a little farther everyday It was a pleasure serving Our Country I really enjoyed my 8 years of service Thanks again Kaybug

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-23-2010 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
(male)

USMMAN HB User
Thumbs up Re: I Have Been stuck Here since April of 2008

I appreciate your service in the military. My panic attacks are not frequent, but they are definately real and very unpleasant. I hope you get some relief. Hang in there, and best wishes. Jack

Old 09-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
(male)

kvusmc HB User
Smile Re: I Have Been stuck Here since April of 2008

Thanks Jack I Have to Many Hobbies That require traveling Like My Hunting and fishing Im Hanging In there everyday Im going to fight this stuff forever if I have too Thanks For the encouragement

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-06-2010 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
(female)

The1thtgotaway HB User

I feel your pain. I have, to my dismay, been inducted into the panic disorder family a couple of days ago. *sigh* Like a couple of you have said my faith is going to play a major role in this one because this has to be the hardest trial I have had in my life ever since my carbon monoxide incident (Yes, I had that too). God willing we can all get our lives back one day. <edit>

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-08-2010 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Removed part of post not in response to the thread starter. Ms_Mod

Old 09-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
(male)

USMMAN HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvusmc View Post
Thanks Jack I Have to Many Hobbies That require traveling Like My Hunting and fishing Im Hanging In there everyday Im going to fight this stuff forever if I have too Thanks For the encouragement
You mentioned hunting - it was a panic attack during a hunting trip that finally caused me to go to the doctor and get medication. I was in Illinois deer hunting with two of my buddies. We all live in South MS. I had an attack the first night we were there - stayed up most of the night. The next morning I couldn't sit still and hunt. All I could think about was getting back home. There were two other hunters (strangers) that were leaving at mid-day that lived about two hours from home, so I left my stand, caught a ride with them, and sent my buddies a text message to inform them I had gone. We were supposed to be there several days, and I know they thought I was nuts, but I just couldn't stay there another night.

I was on medication for a year, and now just take it rarely, as needed.

Again, I wish you all the best.

Jack

Old 10-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

Look up Byron Katie Mitchell..The works..Good Luck

Closed Thread