It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

mm81 HB User
something is the matter, but I'm not sure what it is exactly...

I'm thinking of going to a psychologist soon because I think that I have problems with panic and anxiety. My partner and I have had alot of arguements recently, and when it appears we are going to break up, I get lots of physical reactions that I just can't help. My throat gets very dry and I have trouble swallowing (and when I do it is so full of effort that it looks cartoonish), my heart races and pounds audibly outside my body, and I start breathing fast and shallow. THere have been a number of times (so embaressing) I literally had so much adrenaline or whatever in my system and was so upset that I had to very quickly put on my workout clothes and went not jogging, but full speed ahead running for about forty minutes. (I am barely capable of jogging at an acceptably not slow pace, but for forty minutes I somehow managed to run very VERY fast at almost no effort.) What does this mean? What is this? It was quite traumatizing. I also get really OCD and will check my email literally 20 times in a four hour period...I just can't stop. I've done some research on anxiety and think I have it, but don't know all of the particulars. Thoughts are much appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to mm81:
KramMaster (11-17-2010)
Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
(female)

KramMaster HB User
Re: something is the matter, but I'm not sure what it is exactly...

When I first started having panic attacks, that was my first reaction. I would just run from the room as fast as I could. But after talking to therapist ( a damn good one) she told me that walking, exercise helps focus the adrenaline from the "flight or fight" panic attack you are having. It puts the adrenaline into a purpose instead of just leaving you with a a jittery disposition. So while you might find it weird, it is a good response.

I have been diagnosed with panic disorder for two years now and I JUST developed that trouble swallowing so I know how that experience is terrifying. While I haven't mastered ways to help me with trying to eat I can give you advice to what I have learned so far:

See a psychiatrist but also get a therapist. Someone who can help you with that specific area with your life. Mine pointed me into the direction (as most will ) to meditation. And its a thing of beauty. But mostly I urge you to get the help you need because I went from running away out of a room to avoiding the room all together.

I hope this helps you somewhat. I am new to the forms but they have helped me.

The Following User Says Thank You to KramMaster For This Useful Post:
mm81 (11-17-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread