It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
(male)

Superleeds92 HB User
Question Not sure what to do...please help

a few weeks ago i had a horrible experience, i dont want to go into big details but the jist of it was i thought i was dying/was dead and wasnt in control of my own body and mind. i was doing/thinking of doing things that i knew i shouldnt, and didnt even want to do. this happened late at night and i went to bed prepared to not wake up =/. i was still shaky the whole of the next day and unsure of if it was real or not (atleast i woke up lol)

i did plenty of research about it to find out more, even looking into obscure things that i had previously never believed in but i had no way of explaining to myself what had happened and why.

i often find myself thinking that it is still happening and the whole experience i had was true (i cant explain without telling what was going on in my head and what i was thinking was the reason behind the experience but i dont think i am prepared to share that yet =/).

just recently i have found out about panic attacks and done some research about them. i suppose a panic attack is the closest thing i can find that comes near it, some of the symptoms fit.

if it was a first time panic attack, what should i do? im not sure if its related but i often dont get a wink of sleep, not particularly thinking about it, just physically dont sleep as much.

i am not sure if it could be some mental illness or just a really bad panic attack

if anyone has any advice at all that would be great, thanks.

and yeh i would laugh if someone told me this stuff a few weeks ago lol =/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
(female)

Charmbracelet81 HB User
Re: Not sure what to do...please help

Panic. If it keeps up, you should see a Doc. If not, it was just a panic attack and you can move on. I have had generalized anxiety and panic disorder for as long as I can remember. I am now 29. I always think I am dying. I go to sleep and sometimes shoot right back up thinking my lungs are shutting down. I am hyper aware of my heart and everything it's doing! I have a hard time at work because of all this. Just yesterday I was texting my husband to calm me down because I just knew at any second I would die and I felt on the verge of going crazy and that maybe I would suddenly forget where I was and who I was. Did any of those happen? Nope, just anxious thoughts. I have been on cognitive beahvioral therapy for 18 months straight and I understand the panic and anxiety very well now. What helped me was my therapist saying people who are going crazy dont know they are, dont think about it! It's just thoughts we have and how we respond to them is how we will feel. If we feel like we are dying and we panic, the brain gets used to us responding that way and the cycle will begin. We have to re-train our repsonce to the thought or physical sensation slowly but surely it gets better. As we speak, I am thinking I am not getting enough air and I have a little uneasey feeling in the pit of my stomach, but here I am typing. I know I am fine and I will not let the thought that I am dying control me. You have to let it pass.

Closed Thread