It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
(female)

marie888 HB User
What to do when you cannot take it

Hello,

I think I am at rock bottom. I had dental work that left me in chronic pain. Now my tounge feels like it is burning. I cannot get the panic under control and just cry. I have always suffered ocd, anxiety, and panic but was mostly functional before the pain and fear got the cyle going. I think I am worse then I have ever been. I am even contemplating going to a hospital as I cannot cope and do not have the correct mix of medications. I have been taking klonopin for occasional panic a lot and fear every day. Has anyone ever felt this low? My fear is living in chronic pain and never feeling feeling normal agian. I have been diagnosed with nerve disfunction in my face and am terrified. I just don't know how I will do it. I have young chidren and am paralyzed in fear. The pain that is in my body is th focus of my panic and I cannot escape it the same way I use to with other things. It also really makes me so sad the tole it is having on my husband and kids. I so want things to get better, to go back in time and not have had the dental work.

Marie

The following user gives a hug of support to marie888:
djc4294 (03-24-2011)
Old 02-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
(female)

sandyf HB Usersandyf HB User
Re: What to do when you cannot take it

Have they told you what the prognosis is regarding the pain? Do they think with time, the pain will subside? How bad is it? Do you need pain meds? I feel for what you are going through. Having an anxiety disorder is awful in itself but then adding something that is out of our control can be very scary. Pain is uncomfortable no doubt but adding the anxiety just makes you feel so much worse. The body is pretty good at healing itself and pain can be controlled so please try to relax. But definitely talk to a doctor on how you might get your anxiety under better control. I'm a mom too and I know how hard it its to function with anxiety and panic. It's almost impossible!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

What meds are you currently taking?

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
(female)

marie888 HB User

Hello,

I recently, about a month ago, started taking zoloft again at 50mg. I am also taking clonazepam, between .5 and 1mg a day. Between the burning pain and panic, I realized that I need the clonazepam daily. I am also seeing a theripist and waiting to get into a CBT program that will hopefully help me to break the pattern of phobia/fear. It has been very slow going for me. I have been dealing with anxiety for so long but this sudden pain sent me completely over the edge.

Thanks,
Marie

Closed Thread