It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
(female)

crzybeautifulme HB User
New Here! And Triggers?

Hello Everyone. I am new here and to be honest, feel somewhat relieved that the posts I have read thus far are questions or thoughts I have come across in my own journey with panic. I know that isn't necessarily a positive but it makes me feel almost somewhat normal again knowing I'm not the only one thinking this or that. Anyways, I was curious and some of you may not have an answer or some of you may have a million as I do, but can anyone identify a trigger? Something that causes you to have a panic attack. Small spaces? Large crowds? It seems that everything causes me to have a panic attack and I know as part of some therapy, it is required to determine that trigger and face it. But how do I narrow it down?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
(female)

Julia3322 HB User
Re: New Here! And Triggers?

Hi, I am new too and triggers for me is being in the same place I have had a panic attack. I had one the other day in spin class and that is now a trigger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
(male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User
Re: New Here! And Triggers?

I've had panic attacks for five years now, and went to a few psychiatrist/psychologists during that time. They too wanted to identify a "trigger", but like you, none came to mind. Mine seemingly just came out of the clear blue at the age of 29. I had/have a good job, good life, and always considered myself kind of laid back and healthy. It took awhile to accept the fact that I was having panic attacks, but when I did, it made dealing with them a whole lot more acceptable.

To answer your question, though, I never have been able to determine a trigger. I have no clue what brought them on, and/or why, but I know they're here. I just deal with them with a healthier lifestyle than before, especially as much cardio as possible, and move on. I'm sure that some people have triggers, but I'm not convinced that we all do. Anyway, I hope my experience helps yours out a little, and keep us posted on how you're getting along! Good luck.

Closed Thread