It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
(male)

Chuckhov HB User
Alprazolam + Diazepam

I've been taking 50mg Zoloft a day and Alprazolam when needed - probably once or twice a week.

Major PAs three years ago, since then cyclical limited symptom attacks mostly.

I had a bad week or so recently. Not super PAs but not pretty.

A new doctor (mine retired) decided to give me Valium, 5mgs twice a day. I half jokingly said that he'd better renew my Alprazolam or I'd have a panic attack right in his office. He complied - although he may have done so anyway.

I took a Valium in the morning, felt OK - but by the afternoon I had a bad reaction - anger. I wanted to throw things and strangle my dog. Of course, I didn't. After two days of this I cut down to half the 5mg pill in the morning, half at night. So late in the afternoon I got half as angry. After awhile it wasn't so bad. The Alprazolam I'd take when needed, one every three days or so, when I was feeling panicky.

It seems to me that Valium is OK, I get less LSAs and take less Alprazolam.

But ... my question is this: Putting the small amount of Zoloft aside - does anybody on the board have prescriptions for and take two benzodiazepines? I can't find much info on alprazolam/diazepam contraindications - and I'm wondering if the reason is that prescribing and taking two benzos isn't very common. What's up with this?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread