It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
(male)

kevin1234 HB User
Panic Attacks?

when i was younger i use to have night terrors and my mom would wake me up and i would sit with her and my thoughts would be racing around and it sounded like they were yelling and they were panicked an example would be like if i was thinking maybe ill call my friend while this was happening it would be like yelling in my voice maybe ill call my friend! i know this sounds odd but recently im 17 now and havent had these episodes till lately and its always when im calm and am not doing anything am alone and sitting outside ill be worried and go i hope i dont have the "panic attacks" my heart does not really speed up that i can realize it did faster than normal but not by alot. in fact i just went outside and walked out and looked across the road and no one was outside and i thought i was getting one so i took a deep breathe through my nose and out my mouth and it still happened, im getting very worried i went to the drs he said it sounds like a some type of panic attack. i dont want medication but i dont see how i can get help if no DR can see inside my mind to see what is actually happening im always worried its going to happen now its been everyother day now. Please some one help me out i clearly have anxiety and have been diagnosed with depression. <edit> somone help me pleaseeee.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-01-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Old 07-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
(male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User
Re: Panic Attacks?

The thing about anxiety is that it affects everybody differently. What you have very well could be. Why are you so uninterested in medication? I'm opposed to medication as well, but I say this having had to rely on it for a year or longer at a time, on several occasions. I know a lot of us do not want to rely on such methods, but sometimes its worth a try, just to get you through a rough patch. Whenever I'm on my medication, I come up with a new game plan of how I'm going to stay off of it when I stop taking it. My most recent example would be exercising. I run whenever time permits, and have found exercising to be a god send. I've been medication free for over a year, which may not sound like much, but its the longest such span for me. Anyway, I guess my point is, that if its that bad that you really need some help, and are having problems functioning at work, school, etc., medication might not be the worst thing on the world. You don't have to stay on it for life, and maybe it'll help get you to where you want to be. I would've lost my job had I not been put on medication to get me through the rough periods. I was like you, not 100% sure it was anxiety/panic, and had every test under the sun run on me before I chose to accept it. Once I got to that point, my goal has always been to control it without medication, and lead a normal life. I hope this makes sense to you and is at least a little bit helpful. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress, as I'm sure you will make some!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread