It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

elocin0482 HB Userelocin0482 HB Userelocin0482 HB Userelocin0482 HB User
Question What meds for panic attacks do you take?

I was just wondering what meds people are taking for their panic attacks? I have been having alot of panic attacks lately way above my norm of about maybe a few a month to having sometimes 4 or 5 a day. I have been very stressed lately and wondering if this is maybe why I am having so many. I am currently not on any meds for this my psychologist didn't want me on any since they were not that bad, but since they are bad now I need to call her and have give me something for it now. I know some of these meds are habit forming and only used for a short period a time. So what does everyone recommend that doesn't have too bad of side effects.
Thanks for any info anyone has.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
(male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User
Re: What meds for panic attacks do you take?

I've tried Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Lexapro, and Buspar. The first three are more short term medications, which are probably more up your alley. They can be addictive, which is why most people are told to take them "as needed", and not to rely too heavily on them. I'm sure your psychologist will steer you in the right direction, however, and if needed they can be of some benefit to you.

It does sound like a stress situation from what you say, so I'd recommend a stress reliever. I've found that exercise works better than any medication I've ever taken. I've taken up running, and have been medication free for over a year as a result. I can't begin to tell you how good you'll feel after a nice run! Walking is excellent too. I know some people don't do it because they think that if they aren't running, they aren't exercising, but walking is great for the body! Anyway, just my two cents if you think its mainly stress related. Whatever you try, I hope it works!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
(female)

conniebky HB User

I just started on Celexa, 20MG and it has made a huge difference - I just posted under "new here" - check that out, I explained a lot in that post. It sounds like you and me have a lot of the same issues.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
(male)

lunarweblink HB Userlunarweblink HB User

its hard to get the meds i had a paper from the hospital that said my diagnosis was panic attacks and i took that sheet right to my family dr been in the hospital 5 times this year i told him strait out this panic attacks are taking over my life they gave me xanax which work for me i get attacks daily but when i sence an attack comming on i take my xanax and then im fine

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-04-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Fixed misspelling so word wouldn't appear to be banned. Ms_Mod

Old 08-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
(male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User

I hope you're getting along ok elocin, haven't heard back from you .

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-04-2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Removed part of post not in response to the thread starter. Ms_Mod

Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
(female)

elocin0482 HB Userelocin0482 HB Userelocin0482 HB Userelocin0482 HB User

thanks all been having a time lately still no meds for my panic attacks was in the ER for having sever migraines had to get what they called a migraine cocktail still on some meds for that since the headaches will not go away, been in the hospital today not for myself but my grandma went in for congestive heart failure so been sitting with her alot passing the time. Been scary for me and had a panic attack this morning from stressing so much. Just need lots of prayers.

Closed Thread