It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
(male)

BadYear HB User
Question Need antibiotics that DON'T cause anxiety (prostatitis), do anti-d's work alongside?

Been diagnosed with prostatitis and basically HAVE to take a very long course of antibiotics, for a month at least.

First got prescribed Ciprofloxacin, which caused me terrible anxiety, all-day panic attacks etc., constant urges to self-harm, a dreadful experience. Stopped it after six days. Panic immediately subsides.

So, the doc prescribes me Doxycycline instead. First day is A-OK but now, on the second day, I'm getting BIG panic again. Self-harm urges are back. Horrible.

I've actually taken Doxy before, for a very bad stye, and don't remember it having that effect. Maybe I didn't really think about it as it was a short course?

So, does anyone out there know of an antibiotic that can be used to treat prostatitis that DOESN'T cause anxiety?

Failing that, could I possibly take an antidepressant alongside the antibiotic that maybe might ease the anxiety? Any suggestions for the best anti-d's to deal with anxiety? I was on Prozac many years ago and don't remember much anxiety but also remember being quite manic/'speedy' on it (don't know if it would be good in conjunction with another drug that causes anxiety???)

Any of the newer ones better?

If it was anything else, I'd just quit the meds but this prostatitis is *really* debilitating and depressing to have, I *need* to get rid of it, *need* to keep on taking these crappy pills.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated! (Got to say just writing all this has eased the anx a tad!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread