It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
(male)

narfyjoe HB User
Chest Pains/Tightness

I regularly have chest tightness in what appears to be my lung areas. I used to smoke, but stopped many months ago. I beging to start having panic attacks and heavy anxiety after the death of a family member. It's been months now since all of this and I still continue to have this tightness/slash pain. At times it feels like the area around my heart is especially tender. At random times i've seen my heart rate jump from 80 to about 130-140. This really freaks me out, as I've now gone to urgent care and doctors and they all just say anxiety and give some pills, but the symptons never seem to fully go away. Anyone else have any ideas beside Anxiety for this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
(male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User
Re: Chest Pains/Tightness

I say trust your doctors. Assuming they have run any and all tests to rule out anything else, you have no reason not to, right? I know the ones I have won't go away fully, unless I'm medicated. What you described are symptoms that can definitely be brought on by panic/anxiety disorders. Outside of that, I'm not sure what could be doing it to you. Just because you still have the symptoms present doesn't mean its a physical condition. Once you start believing that, I'm sure your symptoms will subside a bit. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Re: Chest Pains/Tightness

Have you ever had a scan of your neck. uring your anixiety, or really any stress on the body the neck can be involved and can trigger a chest tightess sensation. I have had that situation and then realized my neck was stiff on one side and found out my neck was causing it. Probably stress to, but still it came from one of the vertebras in my neck. Roll your neck ad move it around and see if there is pain or stiffness. Just worth a try. Stress does really weird things to the body. I despise when a doctor doesnt do a full exam and says oh thats stress. That diagnosis can only be noted after a full exam. They are very quick these days to brush off stuff in women especially as stress. Stress can cause ailments, very real ones that need care too. Stuff that can hurt chest area...heartburn, barretts esopohogitis, neck pain, injury to chest, not really sure if fast heartbeat would actually hurt but a quick ekg would see that, yeast, gallbladder, simple gas, asthma or respiratory illness. Thats all the stuff I can think of. Yes stress can effect it too but i would think that would wear off. Definetly stay away from soda and carbonated drinks. Good luck. If your gut feelings keep gnawing and telling you this is something other then stress then its not wrong to rule out other ailments before you resign it to stress.

Closed Thread