It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
(female)

nesfan HB User
Unhappy Feel like I am going crazy

This is a long story so here it goes. I have been panicking since the age of 7. My attacks were situational. Like school or the highway. When I was in my early 20s I stopped leaving the house and stayed that way for 2 years. My mother finally got me help and I was put on Paxil at 60 mg. My life was still very small but I was coping. After my father died my mother had a heart attack and I was forced to get my licence. While my life progressed I continued to deal with situational anxiety like highways and big grocery stores. I have always felt that if I was panicking that I could get to a bathroom and I would be able to calm down. In the past 2 weeks I have crashed so severely that I quit school and am again afraid to venture out for fear that I will go crazy. What if I can't calm myself down. What if I lose it. I went to to ER last night because I desperately wanted help. They gave me 1mg of ativan and it calmed me somewhat but the thoughts and depression are overwhelming. Tomorrow I may be able to get an emergency visit with a shrink in hopes to get some medication. I am now taking 1mg of ativan in the morning and the same at night. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-16-2012 at 05:50 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to nesfan:
hayleyi2012 (04-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
(female)

hannahmorgan HB User
Re: Feel like I am going crazy

There is help out there. I have panic, anxiety........too......... I do not like to go anywhere by myself either. Deep breathing helps me. Stay busy and that helps take your mind off things. It's mind over matter with these situations.

Your life is worth living. When you have reached the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. You are not alone.
I would suggest you see the therapist. There is light at the end of the tunnel..

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-16-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #3
(female)

nesfan HB User

Thank you for the kind words. It helps to know that others are suffering

Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
(male)

RavenEast HB User

Hey nesfan -
I'm not a member here, I was browsing the forum out of boredom and saw your post and felt the need to respond.

I'm 21 years old - and I went through almost EXACTLY what's going on with you right now a little over a year ago. I've always had anxiety issues, but I hit a turning point one afternoon where I had a severe panic attack, and literally couldn't get off of the couch for fear of breaking down into insanity. I know how you feel, it's terrifying to suddenly think of yourself without control or your own head.

Please listen, and I'm serious about this: IT WILL GET BETTER ONCE YOU FIND HELP. YOU CAN REGAIN CONTROL.

I'm not trying to be a cheesy spokesperson or a physician or something. I'm someone who went through what you're into now.

If you can get to a psychiatrist and get some meds, great. SSRIs and anti-anxietals helped me a lot. But the most important thing you can do for yourself (and this is strictly based off my experience, not professional expertise) is find a psychologist that deals with social anxiety and panic disorder as a specialty. Preferably a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (CBT)

My therapist has worked miracles for my depression and panic. I can go back to class (I dropped out because of the panic), I have a job now, I can run errands and hang out with friends... it's the biggest change for me.

Things can turn around. Seriously. You just need to make a plan for yourself to get better and act on it. Lying around feeling miserable and sorry for myself only made a horrific month for me, before I started looking for medication and a therapist.

Good Luck. Have hope - you're one in 100000 people going through exactly the same thing, and there's people who's job it is to specifically help turn your life around.

The Following User Says Thank You to RavenEast For This Useful Post:
davescared (05-14-2012)
Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
(female)

nesfan HB User

Thank you for letting me know that you went through the same thing. I don't feel so alone now.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
(female)

hayleyi2012 HB User

I'm no doctor or medical person but I have panic disorder and know how you feel , its so horrible not even being able to control your own self its so wierd all I can say is I hope things get better for you and you are free of the panic FOREVER

Old 05-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #7
(male)

davescared HB User

Make that 1,000,001 people with this panic issue. I had my first attack a week or so ago <edit> Once i had that attack i tried to cut down on the cigerattes. Now i have multiple attacks a day and it's the scarriest thing i've ever dealt with. Now i'm reading that this could be withdrawal related. Good to know so to speak that i'm not alone. I'm hoping to find some articles where people say you get over it and life goes on. Because at the moment i get these attacks where i'm about to cry, can't interact with anyone, have to go hide from the wife and kids and co-workers. What a mess... trying to get to my primary car physician today to start on a road (i hope there is one) back to sanity lane. panic circle drive is aweful aweful aweful. Appreciate anyone's words of support, etc. i'm soooooo scared at the moment... would my kids hate me, my wife leave me, my corworkers abandon me .

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-14-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread