It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
(male)

tommy508 HB User
Has anybody ever had a panic attack where your whole body goes numb?

I have had this happen to me about 5-6 times in my life and I have to say this is the scariest feeling that I have experienced with panic attacks. for me it's the culmination of an attack and it generally last about a minute or so where My body starts to heat up then My entire body will go numb from head to toe and start tingling. It's not painful but it's an incredibly scary feeling since it's so bizarre. I feel like Im abou to leave My body like an astral projection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
(female)

hayleyi2012 HB User
Re: Has anybody ever had a panic attack where your whole body goes numb?

Many people experience diffrent feelings , have you tryed any medication for your attacks? I totally understand how you feel as I have panic disorder to and don't leave my house because of it, its horrible how such a thing can inprisson you and take over your whole life, I think there's needs to more help out there to people with the problem , I do hope you find a way of overcoming these attacks as I know how hard it is, best wishes alice xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
(male)

tommy508 HB User

I have been taking paxil for a few months now and I haven't had a panic attack in about a month. I get nocturnal panic attacks so If I wake up in the middle of the night I fear that an attack is coming on.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
(female)

hayleyi2012 HB User

So would you say these tablets are really helping as I may try and ask the doctor if I could try them out, have you had any side effects from taking them? I think any one would worrie about having an attack, I know this sounds bizar but it does help to invite the panic instead of trying to fight it , which ino seems impossible when its happening because its so scary but it seems to go quicker , just tell yourself I'm not going to die , come on give me the best you have got, ino some people may seem silly doing this but it does help honest, I also put my hands over my nose and mouth and breath slowly

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-26-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 04-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
(male)

tommy508 HB User

it has helped alot, especially at 30mg, that was the perfect dosage for me, I was on 20mg which helped but I still had some symptoms like the heart palpitations so I went up to 30 and I have been panic free. I have been on and off paxil since 18 and Im now 28. the main reason I go off was the weight and and it kind of makes you numb emotionally. I have gotten of the meds three times, each time for about a year, lost all the weight then the panic attacks start coming back and I go right back to paxil, I just went back on in february after having a concussion which sent my anxiety threw the roof. you might have some side effects like weight gain and fatigue and you might be a litle emotionless at times and have some libido issues early on but most of that goes away in a few months, and If you eat fairly healthy and exercise then the weight gain shouldnt be much of a problem. just one suggestion is never get off the meds cold turkey, the withdrawal symptoms are brutal, just gradually ween yourself off.

The Following User Says Thank You to tommy508 For This Useful Post:
hayleyi2012 (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
(female)

hayleyi2012 HB User

They sound good , even if I gained weight I would rather be bigger than have these panic attacks, I just don't know how I would get the tablets as I can't leave my house and the doctor is abit held back when I ask for a home visit , another thing are you from america as I'm from the uk , and would paxil be avilible in the uk with the same name , thank you for talking to me its nice to be able to talk to some one with the same experiences

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-26-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room letter with the proper word as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread