It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

Anxiousgrl35 HB UserAnxiousgrl35 HB UserAnxiousgrl35 HB UserAnxiousgrl35 HB User
Prozac Day 1/thoughts...

It's been two weeks since my Dr. perscribed Prozac (Generic) for me. I've been putting off taking them, and Ive been suffering. High anxiety most days, and moderate panic attacks thrown in for fun. lol I am scared of pills... even feel sick after popping a multi-vitamin. Xanax I'm used too, taken on and off for years, as needed(bout 4 yrs with a year complete break), so im ok with that. I got to thinking about us "side effect" readers, and "illness internet searchers" and we just doom ourselves to failure quite a bit of the time when it comes to meds we may really need to get by! Not saying everyone...but alot of people are given something and take it, don't stop to think about what may happen, some dont even read all the paperwork given to them at the pharmacy. They go about their lives and probably do well with the meds. I've been reading some reviews about prozac, and most I've seen are good, even great, and then there are the few that say it was so terrible, ill never take again. Ok, maybe in some cases true.... but I noticed that most of these reviews dont have how long they took them for, and it gets me thinking... also saw someone elses post who quit after two weeks. We all know how long it should take for SSRI's to take affect right? I'm not saying I'm innocent. I did the same when I was given Zoloft years ago...with high anxiety i thought i was having every side effect, and making myself so much worse. I stopped taking after three days. I did very well with Lexapro, BUT I was new to panic attacks, and was not a chicken of pills yet, so i took and i was on for a long time, no issues. (but weight gain, and teeth grinding) I went off of it, no problems....and you know why?? I did not read all this garbage, yes garbage!! online!
What I do know is I need an ssri because I can barely function anymore. Chores, and stuff piled up...need to go back to work, and It's 24/7 almost that I feel like hell, crawling out of my skin, wanting to pass out, scared of the simplest of things. Everything sets me off. My only good time is night when I pop a xanax, watch tv, and eat everything in sight that I couldnt eat all day cuz I was a wreck.
Anyway...Ifigure it cant get worse then this, im not living at all right now, so the prozac it is. I took my first 5mg an hr ago, another 5mg tomorrow, and then up to 10mg....
Have a great day!

The following user gives a hug of support to Anxiousgrl35:
compta5 (08-28-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Anxiousgrl35 For This Useful Post:
crookedhearts (08-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
(female)

Anxiousgrl35 HB UserAnxiousgrl35 HB UserAnxiousgrl35 HB UserAnxiousgrl35 HB User
Re: Prozac Day 1/thoughts...

Think I scared myself yesterday...felt terrible, and out of it after taking the prozac. Took it at 11ish i think, and ended up taking a xanax at 230, all that did was make me a complete zombie and i slept a ton. I'm moving my next dose up...not taking till 3 or 4 pm, so I'll see how it goes. any insite would be great.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
(female)

Terrible day today..i honestly dont know if its the med or me making myself crazy. Finally winding down a little from an attack. I dont care about the interaction...come 8 pm, im popping a xanax.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User

I'm gonna be watching your thread Anxious. I was prescribed Prozac a couple of months ago and I'm embarrassed to admit that I just pretend to take it. I mean, there is no reason for me to pretend...but it's like I do it to please my psychiatrist or something! She's nice and obviously wants to help me, but I swear to god, her answer to everything is antidepressants. I pick them up from the pharmacy every month after I see my therapist and then stick them in a drawer. Maybe your thread will inspire me to take mine. Hang in there! And don't worry, I'm sure you're not feeling the effects yet (esp from only 5mgs!).

Closed Thread