It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
(male)

Tiredofitintn HB User
Why Do I Stll Have Panic Attacks After 25 Years?

I though they would be over by now (outgrown), but after being mostly controllable for the last 10 -15 years, here they are again, and now they seem worse. And add to the "Panic Disorder?" the fact I was also diagnosed with "Bi-Polar Disorder", also about the same time (1987), I've never been sure exactly what it is when something happens to me.

Since my diagnosis (for both conditions) in 1987, I had been taking Lithium Carbonate and Paxil, until about 3 months ago, when my new Psychiatrist thought, since my mood swings and 'supposed" panic attacks were occurring more frequently, different medications may bring both under control. So, he took me off of the Lithium and Paxil, and put me on Gabapentin and Trazadone (to sleep). But the Gabapentin increased my anxiety (felt like a panic attack was always just around the corner 24/7, mixed with periods of crying at anything and everything, and the Trazadone kept me feeling drugged all day.

So, next it was on to Seroquel, which seemed to work fine, until I got up to the therapeutic dosage he wanted me on (100mg AM/300 mg PM), then I started experiencing a rapid heart rate after taking the evening dose, and then every so often after the lower morning dose.

As of today I'm now off the Gabapentin and Trazadone and on Viibryd (starting at 10mg daily), Intermezzo (to sleep) and Clonazepam 1 mg RAPID DISSOLVE for the panic attacks. And scared about what side effects these are going to cause. Which gives me a whole new set of reasons to worry.

Bottom line, I would love to chat with others who are/have gone through what I'm now going through again. Though I'm in psychotherapy, which means I get to talk about all the things that scare the crap out of me, I have never learned how to control my panic attacks without medication. What a joy that would be!

So guys and gals, feel free to chime in on my situation.

Forgot to add, I am not a drinker and have NEVER used illegal drugs. (How could I with my fear of the side effects.)

Last edited by Administrator; 10-19-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
bi-polar, fears, medication, panic attacks