It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
(female)

Izzy8644 HB User
Unhappy I think i have a panic disorder.

I think i have a panic disorder but i've heard it can be caused by depression. I've never went in to see if i have depression. I do have my down days every once in a while but it's not as bad as it was when i was younger. When i started my senior year in high school i got sick every morning before i went to school. My heart would race really bad and i would have cold sweats, were i would know i was hot but i would be cold and sweating. I would be scared to death that i would get sick on the bus which made it worse. Once i got into the grove of things it got alittle better but every once in a while i would still have problems. I wasnt able to eat in restaurants any more because i would start to panic and feel sick. I didn't even get to eat prom dinner my senior year cause i freaked out and we had to leave. It got to the point i stay sheltered in the house and didn't go anywhere because i was so afraid it would happen somewhere. I started college in March of 2012 and it was bad then too. Every once in a while it becomes a big problem. Like right before i go to the doctor or dentist. Even when i have to talk to someone i don't know. It's gotten a lot better since i'm surrounded by people who know about it. I'm tired of it destroying my life because i'm to afraid to do things i need to do. Is there anything i can do that doesn't involve money/medication thats helped anyone. I don't have insurance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
(female)

Nicksmom06 HB User
Re: I think i have a panic disorder.

Panic attacks can prevent us from leaving our homes out of the fear of having one and then it feels like we are being controlled by the disorder. I found a mental health facility that pays for everything if you dont have insurance and if you do have insurance, they pay what the insurance doesnt. I am getting therapy once a week and am learning a lot. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and that there may be a facility like this in your area. I learned that my problem really was not the actual panic attacks.....it is the fear of having one. This has helped me to cope better and it has also helped me to push myself to get out more and to realize that I cannot let this disorder take control of my life anymore. I still have good and bad days too, but there are now more good days than bad and this is progress. Please know that you are not alone and that there is hope for us.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicksmom06 For This Useful Post:
Izzy8644 (12-22-2012), shutter123 (01-01-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
(female)

manning722 HB User
Re: I think i have a panic disorder.

Most definitely sounds like panic disorder. I've had it for five years and tried meds which really worked but i stopped after 6 months because i just wanted to do it the natural way. Mediation really seemed to help. But for the most part, its mind over matter. Every time i would get a panic attack i would stop and focus on what I'm feeling and more so.. WHY?? After a few months of this.. I started to get then less and less. Plus everyone i would go to the doctor they would assure me my freaking out over minor things was just my anxiety. Is a mind disorder. WE ARE THE ONES WHO CREATE THE PANIC. it's basically a choice. We don't like it but it really is. So focus on the reason when your in it. Then wait about ten minutes and you should come down. Or immediately turn on meditation music. One trick that i find that really helps is as soon as a panic attack starts... I get on my knees in the floor and put my head down on the floor. This lowers the heart rate which shows you to calm down. I Hope I've helped you some!!

Closed Thread