It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
(female)

sheylo HB User
Unhappy Panic attacks on a plane

I am about to get on a plane tomorrow for my very first time ever. I'm soooo nervous. I usually have really bad panic attacks when i know i dont have control of being able to "escape" if i need to. Like, i'm freaking out already just about the cab ride to the airport. I can't even walk to the corner store comfortably without having anxiety. But this is something i have to do. So i was wondering if people had any suggestions on what i can do. I've read alot of comments saying about xanex.. but i have never taken it before and I dont want to take it for my first time while on a plane. I do however take lorazepam when i feel anxious... I would be poppin those. Will they let me bring them on a plane? I forgot to mention that my flight is less than 3 hours too.. Its the only reason i know I will be able to do it. I'm not that afraid of freaking out or having an attack because whatever, stuff happens. i'd gladly explain to the people im sitting with my situation.. I just know i'm going to feel like throwing up the whole time starting when i get into the taxi. Did i mention i will also be alone for this whole journey?? i would love to take something that would knock me right out before take off even , it just sucks that i'll have to be fully awake and aware of my surroundings when i get off the plane... anybody have any tips or suggestions???? please help.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
(female)

AriannaKay HB User
Re: Panic attacks on a plane

Hey, I realize the date on this means you've already dealt with this. How'd it go? I also struggle with panic attacks and have had some on planes before and in cars, and it's horrible! I have the exact same need to "escape". I've taken Xanax the first time when I was going on a plane and I wasn't sure how it would affect me but I figured it had to be better than the symptoms I get when I'm panicking. I just took half a pill with some food because I'm terrified of throwing up and was afraid it would upset my stomach. Basically it makes me tired and relaxed so I fell asleep on the plane.

In case medication isn't available and you're having a panic attack, I suggest progressive muscle relaxation. It helps keep your mind off your panicking.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

ClovenHoof HB User

Hello nice to meet you

I just recently took a plane ride back home too. I was also very afraid of it, but I did it anyway. Was having second thoughts when waiting for the delayed plane to get there, but got on and felt better when I finally got in it. I did have a panic attack pretty much the entire time, but I made it through and I'm proud of myself. I don't take medication, but I do relax myself with belly breathing and whisper videos. If you don't know what those are I really suggest you look into them and get yourself some kind of mp3 player they're amazing.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
(female)

MissAnnaAmy HB User

thank you i feel better knowing im not the only one with this disorder...

how i did it?

i believe that i can escape if i want to, i can go into detailed planning how i can have the pilot land and i can escape...

i just dont want to escape its my decision
doing that over and over again it trains the brain to think like this automatically..

it will help
be strong and have will power

Closed Thread