It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #1
(male)

gregkempton HB User
Scared and Need Help!

Hello, I don't really know where to begin and have come to this website in need of urgent help.

I am 25 and was diagnosed with OCD when I was 17. I am naturally quite a nervous and anxious person and stress about most things. Some time ago, I began to feel a numbness in my left arm which moved to my fingers. I also felt chest pain. Naturally, I went to the doctor when this happened and went through a Stress ECG whereby he could not pick up any severe issues. This was in March 2011.

Recently, these symptoms have come back with some severity and they include:
Chest pain (overall as well as in one area when breathing in deeply).
Numbness and pain in left arm as well as fingers (especially ring finger).
Pain & Numbness in toes (especially ring tow)
Dizziness at times
Shortness of Breath
Pain in Veins on arm (especially by wrist area).
Irregular Heart Beat

I both go to sleep and wake up with most of these symptoms. I then went once again to my GP who couldn't find any issues and recommended that I see a Cardiologist. The normal one was not around however, his replacement did both another ECG as well as Heart Sonar. He informed of a Myto Valve which (when pumping) closes in an irregular way but that this is not a severe or threatening symptom and should not cause any distress. Sometimes these symptoms are worsened by a big (unhealthy) meal or when drinking or being hungover.

The symptoms now are changing and I am getting numbness in my left leg, arm and sometimes left side of face. I still get the above mentioned symptoms too.

I am trying to convince myself that any risk of heart attack or stroke would've been picked up by the doctor however can't seem to crack it! My family try to convince me daily however, I really wish that they could feel the symptoms for one day to relate to them. I sometimes can feel myself battling to reach certain words or thoughts and may even schlurr my words and that my brain feels "off" or that I mix up words or stutter or even battle to think, but I am not sure if this is just mental or not. I also recently have noticed imbalance on either side of my nose and today, mouth and a numbness under my left eye, but again, not sure if this is just mental as nobody else has said anything.

I am at my wits end and need urgent help. I welcome any and all thoughts on the above and sincerely hope that somebody has or is experiencing similar symptoms!

Last edited by gregkempton; 01-03-2013 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Add information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
(female)

manning722 HB User
Re: Scared and Need Help!

Could be a brain issue. Like tumor or blood clot with the pain in your veins. The numbness usually comes from either pressure on your nerves or damage to the nerves. Sounds like most of the problems issues you have revolve around above your neck. I would go see a neurologist to rule out any brain issue. Also sounds like your do have anxiety. Panic attacks can cause heart attack like symptoms most definitely. Talk to a psychiatrist about the anxiety too.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #3
(female)

Lilwilly HB User
Re: Scared and Need Help!

Have you gone to a neurologist? Anytime there are issues with "Numbness" in most cases its a nerve issue. I have had my share of numbnesses. go to your PCP and ask them to recommend a Neurologist to get full body testing. You could have a bad circulatory issue going on.

Closed Thread

Tags
panic attack disorder anxiety, stroke