HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Panic Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/panic-disorders/)
-   -   Panic/Anxiety Disorder HELP?? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/panic-disorders/935559-panic-anxiety-disorder-help.html)

bellanick5 01-16-2013 11:20 AM

Panic/Anxiety Disorder HELP??

Hi Everyone:

I was disgnosed with panic/anxiety disorder + depression 11 years ago. I was taking 40 mg of celexa and for about 3-4 months i tried stopping the meds and was taking 20 mg every other day. I went to the ER 2x in Dec of 2012 for severe panic and anxiety/ hypercondria that reoccured. The ER took a chest Xray, blood work, EKG and urine and all were normal. I am now working with a pyschiatrist and therapist and have been back on 40 mg for 6 1/2 weeks. She also has me on ativan 1/2 mg 3x a day and 1mg at bedtime along with Remeron for sleep. I have been sleeping better and alot of the physical symptoms from the panic are diminishing, but just recently I had another panic attack and since then I have had the anxiety back and the burning in the chest and back. I don't see my pysch. again until FEB 1st so what I am trying to get at is, should I still be feeling anxious after 6 weeks and will I ever get back to normal again. I worry so much that I am not going to feel the same again. I have 2 beautiful children and a supportive husband and family, but i can't shake the thoughts that I am not going to get better and there is something wrong with me. My BP is ranging around 140/90 and I usually have perfect BP. I also take Vicodin 2x a day for a ruptured discs in my back and a winged scapula with nerve damage. I don't know, everyone say give it more time, but I am scared...I am very active with my children and I just want to get back where I was before I played "doctor" and screwed up my meds. THe doctor said she would wean me off the Ativan safely, but I keep thinking I am going to end up back where I started if i am not taking the nerve meds. I know I will stay:angel: on the Celexa for awhile. I know I am forgetting something, but this is long enough. I would love some positive support for others that are going through this. 11 years ago, technology was not like is now, so this board is very nice....sorry again for being so long

Callie 2 01-16-2013 06:40 PM

Re: Panic/Anxiety Disorder HELP??

There are so many of us dealing with the pain of anxiety and depression, you are defiantly not alone! That is wonderful you have a beautiful family to support you, that is a big positive in your corner! The psychiatrist working with you on the right balance of meds. will really help. The fact that you are sleeping well, will also help you to feel better and stronger. Sounds like you are on a great path to feeling better! :)

bellanick5 01-17-2013 07:49 AM

Re: Panic/Anxiety Disorder HELP??

I thought I was on the right path, until Monday morning , I had a panic attack and then I feel like I am going back down hill. I am waking up in the morning with a nervous belly and then I start burning in my chest and back. I am so sad and disappointed. I just want to feel happy again with my kids and family. I am starting to cry again all the time and wondering why the meds are not working great after 7 weeks. My major panic is gone, but i am still very anxious. I do what the therapist tells me and I still have alot of worry. I so scared and thanks for responding.