It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
(female)

lilcee HB User
Panic attack or something else?

Lately I've been having spells that come on at no certain time and last for a minute or up to a few minutes. I feel my head getting hot, start to sweat then get a spaced out feeling like I'm looking through binoculars or everything seems far away. Then I get nervous or shaky. I've never had this before and wonder if they are panic attacks. I've had my heart checked several times by different drs and they all tell me my heart is fine.
My first thought was my ears because they are always ringing really loud and my balance is off sometimes. I also feel stuffed up. But I don't understand what the sweating and hot flash to the head is and why I feel spaced out or why it comes on so sudden.

Does this sound like panic attacks? I'm going to check with my Dr but I was wondering if this sounds like this. Do panic attacks come on all of a sudden and what causes them?

Old 01-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
(female)

3sillykidsnadog HB User
Re: Panic attack or something else?

I've been dealing with almost this same thing since about October. Been to the hospital twice and constantly at the doctors. I start out feeling almost nervous for no reason at all. Then my cheeks feel hot and I get shaky. Also gets to the point where I cry. Three times now it's gotten to the point where I hyperventilate. Hospital and my doctor both say Anxiety/Panic attack. This hits me at any given time with no indication it's going to happen. I've had my heart monitored, my breathing checked and I was told both were normal. This is very scary and I'm still trying to figure out how my mind can cause this!! I've been advised by my doctor to see a therapist as they may be able to get to the root of what's causing my anxiety and panic attacks. Make sure to have your doctor rule out other health issues first! It IS frustrating and scary but my doctor has assured me I am NOT dying! Distraction is a good way to control it sometimes. I have some great music and nature sounds on my ipod and I DO take it with me in the car! You're not crazy you just need to find what triggers your anxiety and how to fight it. I'm a work in progress! Good Luck and you are not alone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
(female)

lilcee HB User

Thank you for your response. I have an appointment with my Dr on Monday. Hopefully he can tell me something. Have a good weekend

Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
(male)

cgrove46 HB User

It sounds like a panic attack but the first place to start is at your doctor for a blood test and physical.

Chris

Closed Thread