It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

annie500 HB User
Panic Disorder - No longer able to get medication

Hi,
Several years ago, I began having panic attacks. I felt like I was having a heart attack because my heart was pounding so hard. This was especially bad when I was driving. My doctor put me on klonopin and celexa. My primary physician prescribed this medication.

Here in Kentucky, there has been a problem with controlled substances which I really don't understand but now some doctors have stopped prescribing them. My doctor is pretty old and ready to retire so she stopped prescribing the controlled substances because they require so much paperwork. I don't have insurance, am in school, and have 3 kids. I don't qualify for medicaid and have been on a pay basis and I can't find another doctor who will take me.

This medication is so hard to go off and I want to know if anyone has any suggestions. Even if I can get off it I will still have the anxiety and panic attacks.

Thank you.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
(male)

agelbert HB Useragelbert HB User
Re: Panic Disorder - No longer able to get medication

Hi,
Google norepinephrine antagonist for help in answering your questions. I had two panic attacks in November (visits to the ER) of last year. I was not in any threatening situation and had no logical reason to feel fear or severe anxiety. This had never happened to me before. I have been on fluoxetene and olanzapine to stop the attacks. The main thing to remember is that your brain (pituitary gland) signals the adrenal glands to make norepinophrine that triggers the panic attack and all the symptoms. As long as you can block the norepinophrine, you will not experience a full blown panic attack.

Last edited by agelbert; 02-02-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: left something out of the first post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread