Mom is a stroke victim. Any experiences, advice will help.
My mom has had 2 strokes on left side of body, in the past 6 months.
- The first stroke was in December 2010, which she recoved from in 48 hours.
- the 2nd stroke was in JAn. 2011, which kept her in a hospital for 10 days.
- in MArch she started having trouble sleeping, so we contacted a psychiatrist who was also a friend. he started giving mom medcines.she started sleeping better, but after a while the restlessness and aggression returned.
- then in MAy she was once again admitted since she was sluggish and could not walk. She stayed in hospital for 15 days, and it was diagnosed as low ammonia levels.
- Now i have left my job in the middles east and returned to india to take care of mom. we have taken her to a friends hospital where she can be cared for better.
- since past 15 days, she is in a hospital under expert care. we are giving her vitamins, physio, etct.
- appetite is now fine. bowels are fine. strenght is increasing.sugar is also control. The one problem we are having is that sometimes, she is very restless at night. trying to put her leg over bed and get down. continuously mumbling something which is not intelligible. we are worried. memory molecules are being given, alongwith anti-depressants etc. we are unable to pinpoint why this is happening. mom is not talking any sense. She was fine till APril, then this happened. no physical injury took place at the time. any clues will really help.
1) Mom does not remember. constantly mumbles, remembers the old past
2) sometimes does not sleep well, is irritable, and restless
3) unable to walk and move left side. this is being managed by vitamins, and physio.
4) her vitals are fine
Thanks a million in advance for any clues i can get.