It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Paralysis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
(male)

tMLeaf HB User
Arm Goes Numb, Can't Move, Almost Black Out

Just about half an hour ago I jumped into the pool to swim a mile.

I felt great, but on the first lap, a stopped in the middle in shallow water and my right arm went numb. It was like time slowed down and I couldn't do anything or move.

I tried reassuring myself mentally, I remember thinking "It's okay, it's okay, look left what do you see? Black. Spell black: b l a c k. See you can remember. How do you spell left: l e f t, l e f t, l e f t..." Every time it became harder to spell left and I had to reassure myself to do it. I had to force myself to spell and stay conscious. Finally, it felt like right before I would've blacked out, the numbness started to go away and I could move again. And I looked right instead of left.

After I was fine. I was shaken but I swam a 1000(couldn't pull myself to do the mile I was too shaken) but physically, and mentally I'm fine.

Thing is I'm 18. And this has happened a few times before.

The first time it happened was 2 years ago warming up for a water polo game at my highschool. That one my arm just went numb for a bit and I move from where I was standing.

The second time it happened that I remembered was at my house I ran up the stairs about a year ago and I fell to the ground. My arm went numb and this time I found I had to focus on remembering and even looking to see what was right in the corner of my eye on my right.

I'm worried that this is getting worse.

I don't know what it is at all. I'm not in the best physical shape(but I can swim a mile thanks to being on swimming in high school).

Anyone please help! Is this serious?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread