It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Paralysis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
(female)

pwilk00152 HB User
Paralysis due to a stroke in 1992

I had a stroke that put me into a coma for 14 days on my left side. I am unable to use my right hand and my bad balance causes me to fall allot. I was right-handed and learned to be left-handed.

If there are any suggestions please give them to me...

Last edited by pwilk00152; 06-03-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Paralysis due to a stroke in 1992

Hi Welcome to the health boards I hope the needed support is found here. I would go to the emergency room to be rechecked in case more strokes are causing the falling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
(male)

Allennor HB User

the same problem occured with my father also and he is also the patient of paralysis on the left side of his body and still the tratment is going on but there is no good recovery for this disease

Old 10-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

We also have a wonderful stroke board, that is very active where all of us stroke survivors and their loved ones can come for support and friendship with others who are living with the aftereffects of stroke. You can find it on the "find a board" section up top, (it is the bottom one on the left column).

Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

pwilk,

First, allow me to welcome you and let you know we are glad you have found us. This is a great site for learning about your condition from others who are working on their recoveries too.

I mentioned the stroke board in the last post, just because there is much more activity there, and I want to give you the biggest response to your questions.

I am also the survivor of 4 strokes, in 2003. Any paralysis I had initially disappeared in the first months of my recovery. I can imagine it is a very difficult thing to adjust to, and I encourage you to keep moving as much as possible. I also recommend lots of massage, to keep the blood flowing to the affected areas and to find relief from any pain you might feel.

Have you been though physical therapy and do you have any current therapy going on?

I know that stroke recovery is a long and sometimes lonely road to be on. I have found immense comfort in keeping in touch with others who are similarly affected. The folks on our stroke board are very friendly and would love to meet you if you would like to pop over ther anytime.

be well and stay strong.1'
Janet

Reply Reply