It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Paralysis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User
Thumbs down Paralysis

I have several auto-immune conditions, including Chronic Fatigue, Systemic Lupus, but they've been with my for many years as I'm now 70.

But 7 years ago I came off a horse & landed on my back; that's when the fibromalgia began, along with the paralysis a few years ago.

Others have said that if I'd been B12 deficient for many years, that can cause many of my symptoms, including paralysis. So I started taking B12 regularily, but it could take years or maybe never for it to help.

I'm ready to get a wheelchair, but has to be an electric one, as I can't use my arms due to the pain it causes.

I so dislike being dependent on others to push me around, but thankful that I'm as old as I am, so my lifespan is not that much longer.

Thanks for reading & listening to my episodes. Maybe someone will relate.

Sending healing vibes................carole

Old 06-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User
Re: Paralysis

Hello Carole,

I am a SCI (C5-C6) person also. In 2004, I fell and broke my left kneecap. I went through rehab but was unable to hold weight on my left knee. My orthopaedic surgeon told me throw the crutches away and use a chair. I have been using a power chair since and have not regretted it at all. I go many more places now than I have in the last 45 years. Get you a power chair and enjoy it...I did.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

and millard, how was your neck injured?

Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User

Sorry to take so long to reply. I was injured in 1967 when I lost traction on a wet road on a curve. Just as my vehicle turned backward, I hit a concrete culvert. Having no headrest in 1967, (mandatory in 1968) I broke my neck from whiplash (C5-C6) which resulted in paralysis. I guess because I was in surgery in less than 30 minutes, I had a pretty good recovery. I spent the next 37 years walking with crutches. I refuse to damage my right shoulder, tendinitis, so opted for a power chair and I have no regrets at all regarding my chair selection.

Good luck,

Millard

Reply Reply