It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2003, 03:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User
Question His poor baby butt!!

I went to change Austin's diaper just a few minutes ago because he had a "stinky" and next thing you know I see blood on the wipe. He has the worst diaper rash!! It's bleeding on the left cheek. I change his diapers frequently, I apply rash cream at every changing and it's still terrible. I've tried Desitin, Johnson's and Johnsons diaper cream as well Balmex and they don't seem to be helping. Should I take him to see his dr.? Maybe it's a yeast infection ...but as far as I knew I didn't think that yeast infections bled. I feel so sorry for him because it has got to feel horrible. Anything else that I could do to help??

Old 12-31-2003, 03:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: His poor baby butt!!

Yes, take your baby to the doctor. Yeast infections could be the problem.
Letting baby go without a diaper helps to allow air on area for better healing. Plastic diapers just make things worse, no air circulation.

I always had to use prescription meds for diaper rash on two of our babies. Your doctor will have meds to help better than over the counter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2004, 02:04 PM   #3
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

i think you should take him to the doc also but i will tell you what has worked miricles for me and my little girl...vaseline...just plain ol' vaseline...i havent seen a single spot of rash in her entire 2 1/2 months of life....vaseline is a great water proofer!

Old 01-01-2004, 02:57 PM   #4
Veteran

momof3mjt HB User

If he is getting frequent diaper rashes and you use baby wipes, you might want to try something different. My 2 boys couldn't tolerate baby wipes, so I just used paper towels. If you use 2 or 3, fold them up and wet them with just water, they work just as good as a baby wipe. With no scent, perfumes or anything in them. When my daughter came along, I didn't even bother buying baby wipes, I just went straight for the paper towels! No diaper rashes for her!

it could be a yeast infection and the bleeding wouldn't be from the infection itself, it would be from wiping him, or his yuckies rubbing against it and making it raw.

take care and good luck.

Lindy

Old 01-01-2004, 10:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User

Thanks for the help!! It just seems to be getting worse and worse so since he has an appt. for his shots tomorrow I'm just going to go ahead and speak to the doctor about it. Tonight he cried for 10 mins. straight after I changed his diaper. Poor Guy

Ya know, I was thinking the same thing about the wipes because after I changed brands he got this horrible rash. We were using the cheapies from the dollor store(lol) and he was fine. I will try the paper towel idea as well. It does make sense Thanks!!!

Old 01-01-2004, 10:36 PM   #6
Veteran

momof3mjt HB User

The same thing happened with me and diapers. I used the expensive brands...they didn't work any better then the generics! I went to the walmart brand diapers, saved tons of money, and they worked best for my kids!
Hope he is better!
Lindy

Old 01-01-2004, 11:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User

Yep, I've had many mommies tell me that the walmart diapers were their favorite. Couldnt stand huggies because they left crystals all over Austin especially in the mornings. Now, I'm using pampers cruisers. Maybe they are giving him this rash. Hopefully, I'll get answers tomorrow!

Old 01-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #8

Stiffeni HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleone314
Thanks for the help!! It just seems to be getting worse and worse so since he has an appt. for his shots tomorrow I'm just going to go ahead and speak to the doctor about it. Tonight he cried for 10 mins. straight after I changed his diaper. Poor Guy

Ya know, I was thinking the same thing about the wipes because after I changed brands he got this horrible rash. We were using the cheapies from the dollor store(lol) and he was fine. I will try the paper towel idea as well. It does make sense Thanks!!!
My son has a plastic allergy... you might try changing diaper brands... my son has an expensive hinny.. he can only use Huggies Supreme.. not even the ultra trim or pampers!! I thought he was getting diaper rash really bad also but I said something to my mother about it and she told me I had a severe allergy to plastic as an infant, and they could only use pampers on me, my mother in law said my husband could only use huggies... so I would try changing diaper brands... It is very common for them to have allergies.. My 4 year old nephew has the same problems.

Old 01-06-2004, 11:04 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User

I had the exact same thing happen to my DD a few months ago & I tried everything possible for the rash. From the Doctor's office to Rx's & nothing worked. & the bleeding finally got so bad that I was changeing her diaper after each time she would pee pee. I was putting baking soda in her baths & blow drying her little butt at each change (she loved that ) I was doing everything. I finally got fed up & covered my living room floor with beach towels & let her go naked from about 3 PM until about 10 PM that night & the next morning it was about 80% better. It was the ONLY thing that worked for me after 2 weeks of trying. A few days later the rash looked as if it were trying to come back & I just let her go naked again for a few hours & let her stay good & dry & lots and lots of air & it was gone.
The Doctor made me mad because he made me feel as if I was not doing all I said I had been doing. He said that if I were doing all of those things that it would be getting better. NOT! I hope you get better news at your check up apt today. Let us know & I wish you poor babys butt some relief!

Kim

Old 01-06-2004, 11:27 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

Have you checked into pampers swaddlers and cruisers? The outside is almost like cloth. I don't know if they have plastic in them or not. They don't seem to. Might be worth a try.

We use a product called critic-aid made by sween. We refer to it as butt paste in our house. Think it provides a protective coating. Our child seems to react terribly if his stool remains in his diaper for any period of time -- I'm talking just a minute or so. His butt reacts terribly. Fortunately, he HATES having a messy diaper, so he lets us know ASAP

Old 01-07-2004, 08:33 PM   #11

Jean9 HB User

My youngest got bad rashes very quickly and nothing worked. My pediatrican told us to buy (Resinol) I believe that is the correct spelling. It has been awhile, my youngest is 7. You don't need a prescription but most pharmacies keep in behind the counter or when you ask them for it, if they do not have it they can order it for you. It is a thick brownish color cream.
It is also used for burns and other things, but it works great. We used is on my youngest as early as 2 months old. Good Luck

Old 01-09-2004, 12:23 AM   #12

Babs66 HB User

Plain ole VASELINE. It can prevent diaper rash as well a prevent a rash from getting any worse. Did that make sense? I'm soooo tired. I've got a 4 month old and he's finally asleep!

Hope you baby's buns get better soon.

Babs

Closed Thread