It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2004, 10:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Cool We need a break!

I could really use a few laughs & I thought we could do a list of our pet peeves & give eachouther a good laugh for the day. I will start with mine, as foolish as they might be!

THONGS!

Children with dirty faces (adults too)

A wet towel on my bed

Reunions in the middle of aisle 10 at Wal Mart & NO ONE can get through!

Visible butt cracks. I don't care how cute your face & figure are.....I don't wanna see your butt crack!

Dresser drawers that are left open just a little bit. If your going to close it, then DO IT!

When DH comes in the house with wet shoes & I step in a little puddle of water & get my socks all wet! (just happened!)

Whiskers in the bathroom sink!

When I pick up a pack of meat at the grocery store & get blood all over my hands! YUCK!

Unrestrained children in cars! THERE'S JUST NOT EXCUSE!

When DH asks me if our daughter has on dirty pants! DUH! Why can't he check & see?

Channel suffers! If your gonna watch a movie great! If you have to watch 26 of them at once.....Give me the remote!

When DH takes out the trash & then leaves the trash can without a new bag!

& last but not least.......THE WET SPOT!

Old 01-11-2004, 10:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Re: We need a break!

GEESH! I have some major issues here! I never realised how picky I was until I just re-read my post! SCARY!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2004, 01:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User

LOL! no, I'm just as bad!!

When someone leaves just a little bit of liquid in the juice bottle just so they don't have to throw away the container!!

In the morning and your dog has left you a surprise on the carpet and you step in it!!! Believe me that will wake you up...lol

Slow drivers irrate the CRAP outa me! haha

I hate it when people cut in front of you in the grocery store line!!!

I hate it when people comment on how chunky my son is..gosh he's only 9 months old!!! If you can't find anything nice to say don't say ANYTHING!!

lol it gets on my nerves when something is scheduled to come on tv but then when I tune into that channel and there is a football/basketball game I just wanna slap the tv (hehehe)

**lol I know there are more I just can't think of them! I'll most likely come back and add them when they come to mind...

oh yeah..gosh it irratates me when I can't remember something!! lol

Old 01-11-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User

How fun!! Here are mine
1) People making comments about how many kids I have not knowing ANY of the story.

2) Waiting to turn so a car can pass but they end up turning without giving a signal! You could have gone the whole time.

3)Working moms who send their kids to my house all of the time because I am the SAHM on the block and what else do I have to do with my time?!?!

4)Kids with snot on their faces

5)Walmart having 30 checkouts but never having more than 5 open.

6)DH wanting me to help him find things but telling the kids "I dont wear it" when they lose something

7)People who refuse to say I am sorry... I will say it even if I think I am right because I am sorry we fought. Nothing makes me madder than for someone to just "accept" the apology... Weird huh

8)Healthy people parking in handicapped spots.. And too many kids is NOT a handicap

9)Going into a resteraunt or fast food place and all of the people who work there just staring at you. I come in to order and you take the order... Thats how it works

10)People who think they are better than someone else.

The list goes on but I am on Trazadone to help with most of it!!!ROFL

Old 01-12-2004, 07:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User

This is too funny! It has made realize that I have waaaaaayyyy too many peeves!

I have thought of some more!

When my D-MIL (& the D is not for DEAR!) tries to defy the rules I have laid down as a parent! GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Telemarketers!

moody people (excepr for myself ) Especially when I can never tell what kind of mood they are in.

When people park so close to you that you can't even open your door enough to get in the car. & I have a 1 year old I have to "SQUEEZE" in with!

When the sackers at the grocery store fill my bags so heavy that the bag breaks before I can get it into the house. & Then when they put the bags in your car...they just through them in there 1 on top of the other & half the food falls out before I can even get it home. Ofcourse, most of them are about 15 years old and have never had to buy so much as a loaf of bread, so they have NO IDEA how expensive it al is!

I am sure I will be back with more!

Keep 'em comin girls! I am starting to feel really petty!

Kim

Old 01-12-2004, 12:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User

LOVE THIS!!!!!
ksavage,
ditto all of yours! and i thought it was all just me!!!!!

lets see.....pet peeves.....

dh leaving the dryer door open with the clean clothes half hanging out on the floor, then the cat climbs in...

my 2 year old, repeatedly saying mama, mama, mama with no purpose and when i say, what? he says, OK. (what is up with this?!? LOL).

people who make plans and then break them at the last second or even worse, don't even call to cancel.....GRRRRRR

Slow Drivers......with turn signals on on the freeway

fun things in life......

my son blowing bubbles from the bath all over

going shark fishing

sleeping late (8 or 9 am); almost impossible with a toddler

kittens

Old 01-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User

Howabout when you DD takes the drain plug to the tub and hides it from you & you do not know it until you get the stinker in bed & ARE READY FOR A LONG HOT RELAXING BATH! grrrrrrrrr

*this just happened to me*

& Then when you cook dinner & eat it & then fold a load of clothes, give the baby a bath, & then go in to clean the kitchen & just as you put the last dish in the dishwasher....... & DH (& thats not for DEAR ) comes in & says...."Honey, I was just about to do the dishes!" That happens more often than not!

Old 01-12-2004, 11:14 PM   #8

Babs66 HB User

Pet peeves..yay!

*Sharing a bag of potato chips with someone who licks their finger then sticks it back in the bag.

*Any kind of hair on the bathroom floor.

*Toenail clippings left on the coffee table. Niiiiice.

*The slightest bit of mold on the shower curtain.

*When you are at the tail end of your deodorant stick and it breaks.

*Clothes thrown on the floor...next to the laundy hamper.

*When the waitress fefills your coffee and screws it all up!

*When people stick a wet spoon in the sugar bowl and leave behind little clumps.

*The neighborhood cat walking all over my clean car.

*When you go out of your way to make a nice dinner and nobody is hungry!

*When you are headed for the checkout line and sombody cuts you off...then plays stupid.

*Sitting in a doctor's office and people who came in after you get called first.

*When slowing down to turn into your own driveway (after signaling of course) and people honk and throw their arms up like you did something wrong. Geez, excuse me for living here!!!

*Paying $9 dollars to see a movie that completely sucked.

*When your leg rubs against the toilet in a public restroom because there is no friggen room to squeeze between the toilet and the door. Ewww I hate that sooo much!

*People who don't take down their yard sale signs after the fact and you go looking for it.

*When your turn is next and the bank teller closes her window.

*Reading something long without paragraphs! Grrrrrrr.

*And ladies....pulling out a dry tampon!

Ok, I'm done. I'll probably lay awake in bed tonight thinking about pet peeves!

Babs

Old 01-13-2004, 02:23 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User

babs..lol! I thought I was the only one...I can't stand the feeling of pulling out a dry tampon..it's like fingers on a chalkboard to me!! GROSSSS

Old 01-13-2004, 05:56 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User

euwww on the tampon, but so true!
ksavage, the dishwasher thing is so totally my husband!
how about when you're walking to work and a bird craps all over you. (this has happened to me)

Old 01-13-2004, 07:48 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User

ROFLMAO! Lane you just about made me pee my pants w/that last one! I think that tops 'em all! That would really suck!

Old 01-13-2004, 06:55 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

TerryB HB User

It really stinks when your 4 year old uses your tooth brush....to clean the soap scum off the sink!

Old 01-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User

......still looking for that *@#$ drain plug......

Old 01-14-2004, 05:07 AM   #14
Inactive

JennMorgan HB User

LMAO about the dry tampon-so true! I hate it.....

~You let someone in your house and they stand at the front door with it open and it is -10 outside-Come in or get out!

~Your kids complain about being tired when you wake them up for school, and when the next night rolls around you tell them to go to bed earlier, and they promise ot to be tired in the morning....But they still are!

~When you tell someone a story & they have another story 10X better, lol-

~When the same person leaves 10 messages on your answering machine and get mad that you havent called them back yet....Geez I DO have a life! Lmao

~When you are a penny short on something you are buying and nobody says "Hey Ill give ya a penny" Lol

Old 01-14-2004, 08:41 AM   #15

mia21 HB User

hehe they are all pretty good, I agree with them all!! YIKES, I hear ya Kim,
Some more from me
*Internet server being down when you really need to find something
*Clicking on a attached web site and the page coming up "NOT FOUND"
*rude children
*Someone flushing the toliet while your taking a shower and the water goes boiling hot
*people asking if my 6 week daughter Is a little boy or girl when she is wearing a pink outfit and pink hat (HELLO????)
*Poop that comes up the back from your baby's diaper.
*People saying "you look tired" when your not and feel quite refreshed and good(thanks a lot...you telling me i look like s@#$?!!)
*your cell phone starts beeping "my batteries gonna die" while your in the middle of an important call.
*asking your friends to play their part in paying the bill at the restaurant and after everyone says they have you count the money and your sort a whole bunch...hmmm...

So there are a couple more.I could go on as well cept my daughters crying so I must attend to her

Closed Thread