It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2004, 10:28 PM   #1

lil'momma HB User
diaper changeing

just curious to know how often do you all check to see if your baby needs to be changed? and about how many diapers a day would you say you go through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2004, 08:05 AM   #2

junebug2068 HB User
Re: diaper changeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'momma
just curious to know how often do you all check to see if your baby needs to be changed? and about how many diapers a day would you say you go through.
Hi Lil'Momma,

You sound like a good mommy I really can't remember with my own kids how often I changed them...it just happens...but I do daycare now and I change my babies every couple of hours (maybe 3 hrs. sometimes) unless they are "smelly" of course. The big thing is keeping vasoline or such on their bottoms after a diaper change. Vasoline is inexpensive and really keeps the wet off of them. That is how you PREVENT diaper rash. Because once they get it, none of the diaper rash ointment out there really works to get rid of it...they are just more preventitive measures.

Be careful if you use baby powder. Babies can choke (suffocate) easily if they breath that in. It gets into their lungs. I have one mom who likes me to use powder on her baby. So I'm just careful not to let it go "POOF".

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2004, 09:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User

Just wanted to add that they do have "roll on baby powder" so that there is no "poof"! It's by Gerber. I change austin's diaper every 3 1/2 to 4 hours unless of course he is "stinky".

Old 02-13-2004, 12:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

My son eats about every 4 hours, so unless he's stinky, I change him before or after he eats. He HATES having a stinky diaper, so I'm hoping he'll be easy to potty train.

Old 02-13-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

If any of you ever had a yeast infection, then you know how miserable a bottom can be and you would change your baby frequently. I always changed my babies before eating and a few mintues after eating plus check them every 30 minutes or so. Even a little tinkle can cause an irritated bottom.

Old 02-15-2004, 10:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User

I change Austin about every......4 hours (whenever he eats). I'd say per day we go through......8 diapers. He sleeps 12 hours at night so from 7:30 pm - 7:30 am he stays in the same diaper (I don't wake him up to change his diaper).

Angela

Old 02-16-2004, 06:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TeTr01 HB User

When Toni was still in diapers, I made sure to check them every 2-3 hours or so. She would go thru anywhere from 8-12 diapers a day or so.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User

My kids are funny.. I always seem to catch them half way through the job so there are 2 diapers in about 10 minutes!!!LOL

I would change them whenever they got up from sleeping and whenever they were stinky. I also tried to pay attention to a wet looking diaper and keep them changed. Diapers are meant to pull the moisture away from the skin so I am not worried about skin irritation. I also allow more than one pee for a diaper.

Things are easier now that I have one in Pull ups. The designs fade so I know when he needs to be changed. The baby goes through about 5-6 diapers a day

Old 02-17-2004, 08:50 AM   #9

TimHeather HB User

Vasoline in my opinion doesn't work well at all. I use penaten cream and i never have to deal with diaper rash. I've used Vasoline with my little guy like for 2 days when I was outta my cream and he got the worse diaper rash! He screamed when I would cleam his bum. But hey if you can get away with useing it go for it. All babies are differant. And it is alot cheaper, but if you run into a rash use the penaten.

Closed Thread