It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 04:07 PM   #1

TrippingAsIGo HB User
birthday party for 2 year old AND 4 year old same day....

i need suggestions. i have little girls and one will be 2 next month and one will be 4 in may. i want to just have a joint party for the both of them during the month between both birthdays. i figure all the brothers and sisters of the kids who would be at my older daughter's party (except for her preschool classmates - and they know us anyway) would be coming to my younger daughter's party so why not have one big party for them both. anyway....my problem is this - how can i combine an elmo party with a disney princess party so that it flows and meshes fairly well together.

anybody do something similiar where you were combining 2 different themes? it's not a terrible problem but i figure someone will have some suggestions for me.

thanks

Last edited by TrippingAsIGo; 02-29-2004 at 04:08 PM.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User
Re: birthday party for 2 year old AND 4 year old same day....

My 3 and 4 year old are a year and nine days apart. To spice it up, they are a girl and a boy We have a combined party for them while they are young. I never really gave them the option of choosing their own theme individually. Their options always involve something with two main characters. We have done Dora and Boots. VeggieTales has Bob and Larry. This year we are going to do BluesClues as my daughter loves Blue but my son loves Joe or Steve if its a rerun. This is the last year we will worry about it as I won't combine their birthdays once they get into school.

For my son's first, we got little cakes for both of them. She had Barbie and he had teddy bears. We split the table in half on the decorations and let them each have their cakes. Then I bought a very generic looking cake for the rest of the guests. We also only have close friends and family at their parties at this age. I take cupcakes with their theme to the Day School and they celebrate there with their friends.

Good luck with the planning and I HTH

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
Re: birthday party for 2 year old AND 4 year old same day....

It's not that bad to combine them. We did a Bratz/Care Bears theme. We just got basically 2 of everything. We always have the cake made, so we just did a regular size cake of both themes, instead of a half sheet of only one theme. It worked great!

---------------------------
Courtney 8
Brendan 4
Garrett, born Feb. 9th, 2004

Last edited by tinkers; 02-29-2004 at 09:33 PM.

Closed Thread