It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
feeling very sad!

My son is 24 days old. He is my 3rd and last. My DH goes for his vasectomy tomarrow. I don't want any more children, but the idea of not being able to get pregnant again really bothers me. I know I can't deal with a 4th, but then why be so depressed. I even tried to get him to move it further up, but he said NO!!! It is just my hormones?

-----------------------
Courtney 8
Brendan 4
Garrett, born Feb. 9th, 2004

Old 03-04-2004, 02:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User
Re: feeling very sad!

My Garrett will be 2 in July. After he was born, I had a complete hysterectomy as I have type 1 diabetes and had female issues. I was very sad as I was only 29 at the time. I totally understand where you are coming from. It is one thing to decide not to have any more children but it is a completely different thing to know that the choice will no longer be yours.

It has been almost a year for me now since the Hyst. I still have times of feeling very down and sad. What helps me is to plan all of the things that I am going to do once all of mine are in school. I love my children but I yearn for a life of my own also. Having another baby, would only push that further away.

I know you are sad and no one can take that away. The best thing, IMO, is to switch your focus to you and what you want to do with the rest of your life. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2004, 02:55 PM   #3
Veteran

momof3mjt HB User

I felt the same way you did after my 3rd was born. My hubby had a vasectomy too...and I know how you feel...but believe me...she is now 7 and I could not imagine having another one. As your child grows the feelings will go away....trust me.
good luck
Lindy

Old 03-05-2004, 07:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User

Thank you ladies! The deed is done! It went okay. DH is in major pain. The surgery took about and hour and a half. The doctor ran into problems and cut a blood vessel. His testicles look like oranges! But, I am feeling better. I know it is done. I just think that I need to avoid pregnant women that I know, for awhile.

-----------------------
Courtney 8
Brendan 4
Garrett, born Feb. 9th, 2004

Old 03-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

TerryB HB User

Oh your poor husband! You'll be busy taking care of him and that will keep your mind off other things. I suspect that as your kids get older you will be more and more comfortable with your decision and then someday there will be grandchildren and they are supose to be more fun than your own kids! If you are doubting your choice then just look at the posts reqarding the teen issues!
Terry

Closed Thread